What's in your little left hand cubbyhole ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing - I have no cubby hole - 2003 model!! I want one, and have thought about "customizing" the fairing to add it. Only thing that stops me is - I don't want it to end up looking like the rest of my projects (if you know what I mean!!!!) :unsure:

Kick stand pad (mashed beer can)
Funny you say that. I have a smashed can in the little box, and a smashed can in my riding jacket pocket. The one in the box is a spare.

• Tire pressure gauge
  • Kryptonite disk lock and leash
  • Finger bit driver and security bit for my RAM mounts
  • Blank light switch cover for sidestand support
  • Two or three packs of disposable ear plugs

Charging adapter for my Quest II, "permanently" plugged into the 12V port.

Ear Plugs

Glove Liners

Spare Magazine

Cell phone in a case, eyeglass case for sunglasses, earplugs.

I like the door opener in the bottom of the lid. Gonna have to look at that one closer.

Nothing - I have no cubby hole - 2003 model!! I want one, and have thought about "customizing" the fairing to add it. Only thing that stops me is - I don't want it to end up looking like the rest of my projects (if you know what I mean!!!!) :unsure:
+1. And there's not really enough space under there to put one in. It's the only real disadvantage of the 03. It makes up for it, though, by looking so much better and going so much faster. ;)

My Hopes and Dreams..................

and also tire gauge , insurance and registration, garage door opener velcro'd under lid, small pump spray bottle filled with distilled water with a touch of dish detergent for cleaning visor, flannel cloth, and disposable camera.

KM

Last edited by a moderator:
Registration/proof of insurance, ear plugs, tire guage, phone and charger, sunglasses and a small bottle of windex and microfiber towel to keep the front windshield/visor clean.

Last edited by a moderator:
A sticker that says my odometer mileage is incorrect, reading glasses, and a copy of the statute that says the headlight modulator is legal.

Badges for work. One for me and one for the bike.

(Can't get in without the stinking badges!)

eztag for the tollway.

My fuse block for "farkles" is in the bottom along with extra fuses and a 50 amp main fuse.

I made a cover/false bottom to protect the electricals. On that is the disc lock and a couple of packets of disposable earplugs.

earplugs, garage door opener, tire pressure gauge and a nickel plated snub-nosed 38, just in case!

I can't believe I'm the only one who will admit it though...oh and by the way---i do have a concealed weapons permit!