What's in your little left hand cubbyhole ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Garage door opener (I need to try that Velco idea), cell phone, ear plugs, and my glove liners at the bottom. No gun though...I guess my sissy glove liners are getting in the way :shifty:

I keep Harvey the wonder hamster in mine.

180px-Sharphamster.jpg

:dirol:

Ohh wait! THAT cubby... I keep my iPod charger, notebook and pencil in there :D

screwdriver for Garmin 2730, cover for display on Garmin 2730, garage door opener, tire pressure gauge.

earplugs, garage door opener, tire pressure gauge and a nickel plated snub-nosed 38, just in case!I can't believe I'm the only one who will admit it though...oh and by the way---i do have a concealed weapons permit!
I will cop out. I carry a 2" 5 shot Smith & Wessen in mine as well as candy for emergencies. Have been thinking about modifying my cubby to hold a 9MM however.

I don't carry the gun, just the gun lock. It's a steel cable style lock that I use to secure my helmet to the rear rack. I don't have kids or a CCW so the gun stays at home; loaded and close.

I also carry a Wee Willy visor cleaning kit, ear plugs and the GDO.

Wee Willy https://www.weewilly.com/

earplugs

garage door opener on day trips (I don't take it if I'm going to be gone over night, just leave it in the car in the driveway, guess I could get an extra one)

throttle rocker

who knows, there might be some long lost not very useful stuff down in the bottom

lockable oil filler cap
I've NEVER heard of this. Do people steal your oil?

Last edited by a moderator:
"I've NEVER heard of this. Do people steal your oil?"

Sand mixed in with your motor oil is not a healthy combination. I quess it depends on where you park your bike and the kids who hang out near it. They also like valve stem caps for some reason.

Ball cap, ear plugs, ear wax. ( I have a permit to carry concealed ear wax...no wait, maybe it said congealed?) :huh:

gypsy

"I've NEVER heard of this. Do people steal your oil?"

Sand mixed in with your motor oil is not a healthy combination. I quess it depends on where you park your bike and the kids who hang out near it. They also like valve stem caps for some reason.
I suppose that's where this guy is coming from:

I carry a 2" 5 shot Smith & Wessen in mine as well as candy for emergencies.
First offer them candy. If that doesn't work, fill 'em with holes. :D

Here's what I keep in my cubby:

• Bike registration,
  • Ear plugs,
  • Garage door opener,
  • Extra brake/tail bulb,
  • Extra headlamp bulb,
  • Flashlight,
  • Maps (all U.S. states),
  • Metric wrench set,
  • Torque wrench,
  • Beretta .380 auto,
  • Change-out touring seat,
  • Spare rear tire, and
  • Complete works of Shakespeare.
Oh yeah, and an extra helmet. For long trips, well, that's a different thread....
Jb

aerostich CF kick plate, Xena disc alarm, tire guage, registration/insurance papers.

Hope this isn't too personal. What's in your little left hand lockable cubbyhole ?
I glued some thin foam sheet material that I picked up at Home Depot, to the sides and bottom. This allows me to put anything inside, without concerns about stuff banging around. Sunglasses, Garage door opener, etc.

Hope this isn't too personal. What's in your little left hand lockable cubbyhole ?
I glued some thin foam sheet material that I picked up at Home Depot, to the sides and bottom. This allows me to put anything inside, without concerns about stuff banging around. Sunglasses, Garage door opener, etc.
Soft ties, kick stand pad (freebie handout type), and small spiral mileage/trip log

Garage opener the size of a key fob velcro'd to inside of lid, CycleFoot kickstand plate with attached cord and snap to hook to wire near handlebar so I don't forget and ride off without said CycleFoot.

Glock 27 goes in right pants pocket. :ph34r:

Here's what I keep in my cubby:
  • Bike registration,
  • Ear plugs,
  • Garage door opener,
  • Extra brake/tail bulb,
  • Extra headlamp bulb,
  • Flashlight,
  • Maps (all U.S. states),
  • Metric wrench set,
  • Torque wrench,
  • Beretta .380 auto,
  • Change-out touring seat,
  • Spare rear tire, and
  • Complete works of Shakespeare.
Oh yeah, and an extra helmet. For long trips, well, that's a different thread....
Jb
:huh:

I think there's a hole in the bottom or your cubby.

:eek:mg2: Never let your girl pack your Cubby Hole :nono:

100_0662.jpg