What's in your saddle bag?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe y'all didn't include some of these items... easy to stow and bring along... ya just can't be too sure what you might need out on the road. :D

remove-candle-wax-sweater-800X800.jpg
Don't forget the lighter to light said candle. ;)

I'd also suggest carrying extra fuses including the main 50A fuse. I use Ride-On in my tires so it saves me from having to use plugs or even notice that I hit something.

Good ? I always carry this under my seat; sm electric air pump w/plugs, basic tool kit, sm 1st aid kit, sm flashlight, zip ties, elect. tape, duct tape, bailing wire, rope, multi tool, $40 cash, ins card & reg. One side bag always have my rain gear, maps, knit hat, (gortex liner, and winter gloves; only in the cold months) Plexus, and micro fiber cloth. The Givi E-52 has; 2 man tent, 2 sleeping bags, bike cover, hunting knife, L.E.D. head light/flashlight, and finally 2 Thermarest self inflating pads strapped to the luggage rack on the Givi. The other side bag is reserved for the wife.

I can't believe y'all didn't include some of these items... easy to stow and bring along... ya just can't be too sure what you might need out on the road. :D

HR-BedRestraintCBW-201.jpg
Tyler,

Thanks for this photo, that looks like a great safety belt system for our FJRs... I always felt we needed that. So but since that's worn during riding :lol: , it's not exactly something that get's packed in the bags, is it?

Happy Friday!

HR-BedRestraintCBW-201.jpg
Tyler,

Thanks for this photo, that looks like a great safety belt system for our FJRs... I always felt we needed that. So but since that's worn during riding :lol: , it's not exactly something that get's packed in the bags, is it?

Happy Friday!
That is another use for them... as a strap on. :D

Heck, I ride every day, but I don't carry a damn thing.

I've got a rain gear bag packed at work and the same at home, so I'll carry that if the radar says rain. If it breaks down/gets a flat, I call AMA MoTow on the cellphone. Since the chance of that happening is so low, there's no reason to carry anything like plugs and a compressor.

When I get somewhere, the helmet/gloves goes in one side and the jacket in the other, if I don't feel like carrying them around.

I probably should carry the necessary tools to get to the fusebox, though.

Always in my right-side bag: Emergency First Aid Kit, Rain Gear Including Rain Gloves. For day trips close to home: Left-Side Bag: usually my camera and maybe a bottle of water.

I generally carry an assortment of crap on a daily basis (bags stay on).

Under seat, forward pan holds Slime Pump, OEM tools

Under seat, rear pan, Stop n Go Tire Plugs

Bags:

Canyon Dancer strap

Aerostich "Vulcan" glove rain covers

Ultralight bike cover (packs to size of small book)

Tool bag containing a variety of sockets/wrenches/screwdrivers (fitting the most common fasteners and things of that nature), multi-tool, knife, spare bulbs, tire strings/glue, fuses, elec tape, and zip ties.

Alarmed cable lock

Rag or two

Plexus/microfiber cloth

Spare gloves

Rok Straps

Dark/light shield (Usually leave the dark at home on multi-day runs)

A few bungies (Rok straps see way more duty)

Plastic shopping bag, large

Jumper cable extension that plugs into Batt Tender cord

Tank Bag:

Digital Tire Gauge, plus analog backup

Pen

NC Map (or other states...I cut up the plastic pages from my old truck driver's atlas to use)

Bottle, Vitamin I

LED Maglite (small)

Swiss Army Knife

Baggie full of ear plugs

TB rain cover

Baggie full of quarters

Last edited by a moderator:

Bags:

Canyon Dancer strap

Tool bag containing a variety of sockets/wrenches/screwdrivers (fitting the most common fasteners and things of that nature), multi-tool, knife, spare bulbs, tire strings/glue, fuses, elec tape, and zip ties.

Alarmed cable lock

Rag or two

Plexus/microfiber cloth

Spare gloves

Rok Straps

Tank Bag:

Pen

NC Map (or other states...I cut up the plastic pages from my old truck driver's atlas to use)

Bottle, Vitamin I

LED Maglite (small)

Swiss Army Knife

Baggie full of ear plugs

TB rain cover

Baggie full of quarters
Jesus h. christ... where does it all fit? I think you left out the trunk monkey... and the trailer...

Bags:

Canyon Dancer strap

Alarmed cable lock

Rag or two

Plexus/microfiber cloth

Spare gloves

Rok Straps

Tank Bag:

Pen

Bottle, Vitamin I

LED Maglite (small)

Swiss Army Knife

Baggie full of ear plugs

TB rain cover

Baggie full of quarters
I can understand why the bags stay on. They would be too heavy to lift off.

Bags:

Canyon Dancer strap

Alarmed cable lock

Rag or two

Plexus/microfiber cloth

Spare gloves

Rok Straps

Tank Bag:

Pen

Bottle, Vitamin I

LED Maglite (small)

Swiss Army Knife

Baggie full of ear plugs

TB rain cover

Baggie full of quarters
Jesus h. christ... where does it all fit? I think you left out the trunk monkey... and the trailer...
Seems right to me.

Don't you ever go anywhere Crash Cash...or is your bike all show?

Bags:

Canyon Dancer strap

Alarmed cable lock

Rag or two

Plexus/microfiber cloth

Spare gloves

Rok Straps

Tank Bag:

Pen

Bottle, Vitamin I

LED Maglite (small)

Swiss Army Knife

Baggie full of ear plugs

TB rain cover

Baggie full of quarters
I can understand why the bags stay on. They would be too heavy to lift off.
Ha :D

It's really not all that bad, the tool bag is the heaviest/largest item and it's just one of those small tool bags that resembles a shaving kit bag. The cover and cable lock are small and the rest of the stuff packs fairly flat. I end up with one 1/2 full bag and one that's basically empty. Tank bag crap lives in the zippered pockets, so I have the entire space available. Throughout my teen years and military life, in addition to the Kawa I had, I drove rebuilt vehicles and learned the value of being prepared for anything. It pays to pack well. ;)

1/2 the stuff isn't necessary for the daily commute, but I've had no real reason to remove it between longer rides. With the exception of the Canyon Dancer and little jumper cable piece, I've used everything in there more than a few times while on rides.

Last edited by a moderator: