What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the newly reassembled Blue Beast KLR for her post 685cc upgrade break in ride yesterday afternoon. High 50's, may have touched 60. All was well until I got to Alex's BHMoto parking lot, which was a sheet of 4" thick ice. I parked on the nice bare sidewalk! Windy and low forties this morning , big storm supposedly coming from the West tomorrow, looks like it will stay right along I90 or maybe just South of I90.

It friction' got down to 43 the other morning on my ride to work… I almost was tempted to loose the shorts for long pants.

How long must south Florida suffer with these ungodly temperatures?

Brrrr
cold.gif

tonguesmiley.gif

tease.gif

lol.gif

2" of heavy wet snow last night, another 2 -3 predicted for tonight. Pants, you should have great snowmobiling next week!

65 and starting and giving exercise to every bike that responds.

Whew...

Glad to have survived the winter of 18....

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Ogres rain was all ice up here. I feel lucky we didnt lose power. Driving anywhere on any number of wheels was out of the question.

Considering that... I did spent the day in the garage with the propane heater running.

Good times...

The groundhog did NOT see his shadow here today. Too bad because around here, (only) six more weeks of winter would be a GOOD thing. Little chance for significant warming before then, at the best of times. Windy and temperatures forecast to -5 °F tonight (wind chill -22). All the way up to plus single digits tomorrow (plus more wind).

Supposed to moderate a bit after tomorrow but those in the mid-west are going to suffer a little longer. **** winter!

fu-winter.jpg

I went skiing today...the Hell with the rodent in Punsuxtauney! The high was 10 degrees,and conditions varied between sun and snow.

If your weather is warm and dry, go ride. If you have snow and cold, go ski. WTF are you dong arguing about it on a forum?

Crazy Weather here in the Banana Belt today:

0800 45 F, Sunny and still

1200 35F, cloudy and a little NW breeze 10 mph

Nice day for a preserve Pheasant hunt we started at 1300 31F and a light NW breeze intermittent snow showers

1530 Pheasant hunt done, 14F, wind from the NE at 25-30 Snowing like a Biotch!

I-90 was an Icy bastard fro Sundance WY to Spearfish, 37 miles of butt-clenching fun!

Ready to watch the Super Bowl without going Outside tomorrow, the driveway will wait until Monday,

High tomorrow supposed to be +4F, low tonight somewhere south of Zero.

Got my therapy ride in. Spent some time doing slow speed parking lot drills learning how to ride again and then headed out for a hundred miles of smiles. It's supposed be fair all week so I'll get some more miles in before it turns into winter again.:):):)

Another all-time high temp for the date over here. 74F. Nice day, but maybe later this summer, if you can, send me a box of water. I'll probably be thirsty. Or on fire.

Barry, sorry about your balls.

Took a 100 + mile ride on the Sacramento River (delta) roads on Saturday, 73F and sunny. Great time of year to ride the Delta...no traffic. Today calls for 74F and clear. Will let the bike rest as I am preserving the tires for long spring ride to northern NM and southern CO. Hoping to get 15K miles on this set of PR4's.