What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Above average snow pack in the Rockies of Montana. We had the worst wildfires ever last year, so moisture of all kinds is good.

Sunny and -10 degrees this morning and I needed to get the Tenere ready for next weeks Baja California trip with no heated garage. It took two space heaters 45 minutes to warm up the engine and a larger battery charger to awaken the worlds largest dirt bike from its winter slumber. I loaded it up in trailer and found a corner in a heated garage to get a set of Shinko Big Blocks mounted, oil changed, wash job, and a thorough check to make sure shes ready to go.

Entering Baja California on the 17th with a forecast of sunny and 74. I am so ready for some two wheel winter therapy.

A balmy -15 °F (-26 °C) this morning. Oh well, it is supposed to warm up to the freezing point tomorrow along with ANOTHER 7" of snow.

Eastern Canada somehow didn't get the memo about global warming. The global temperature anomaly maps usually seem to have a blue spot (negative temperatures with respect to average) over this part of the world when the rest shows orange or red. At least for the past few winters.

-11 at daybreak, supposed to reach +11F this afternoon, clear and cold, roads have a little snow-packed and icy in spots. Not likely to put any miles on the KLR before Abercrombie FJR gets here Tuesday night.

So Ready for Baja!

Winter finnally got here. It's going to be a morning of riding the tractor and following the snow blower. Makes me glad I went Over the pass Saturday for my new gun instead of waiting. The ski crowd is happy now.:):):)

We have still more rain today, lots of it lately, but get this- the daffodils in my front yard are just now beginning to bloom! Won't be long now fellas, spring is creeping northward.

No spring here!!

Supposed to get a couple warmer days later this week.

39466370655_97dfab5ff7_c.jpg

A one-day respite in PA tomorrow with sun and at least 73 degrees in Pittsburgh. Rain will follow, but tomorrow is going to be an amazing day in February.

I had a foot here & lost power 3 times for about three hours total. Never long enough to bother starting the Gen Set all thou that is what woke me up as the Bi Pap quit running.

22 and still getting colder this morning.

Latest posts