What's Under Your Tree for the FJR this Year?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With my Y.E.S. having just run out, Santa bought me a Service Manual. So, the bike immediately got New Plugs and Air Filter installed. Runs like a Swiss Watch Now!

Couldn't believe how easy it was! :yahoo:

I must of been a really really good boy.

Santa brought me

HLD Hugger

Realtime reflective decals

OES sliders

90 degree valve stems

Top box with backrest and mount

CalSci XL windshield

IMG046.jpg
IMG043.jpg
IMG044.jpg

you like em???

they look sweet...

perfect color match!

do tell!

(update) found you link! thanks!

not sure the colormatch is correct for the 2010, but does look sweet.

(and by the way, your frame sliders are missing in pic two and three... don't forget to put em back on! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Those "wings" are awesome! Can you provide part numbers and where to get them?

I'd also be interested in some handguards. I know that several guys use Suzuki V-Strom guards, but I'd be interested in some from Yamaha, if they're available.
From the Yamaha Canada website:

Foot Shields:
5VS-W0745-60-00.jpg

Add extra protection and styling to foot area. Injection moulded with YEC engineering. Colour matched to fit your bike.

Colors/Finish:
Bluish Silver BS4(36)
Dark Blue Metallic DPBMU(60)
Black Metallic SMX(80)
5VS-W0745-_ _-00

MSRP: $357.95

Substitute the numbers in the colour code for the dashes when ordering.

Handguards:

5VS-W0748-60-00.jpg

9d56eee86b42e1689aefe7a08543e827.gif

Injection moulded with YEC engineering. Colour matched to fit your bike.

Colors/Finish:
Bluish Silver BS4(36)
Black Metallic SMX(80)
Dark Grey Metallic DNMG(81)
5VS-W0748-_ _-00

MSRP: $291.95
If ordering the Dark Grey Metallic handguard set, the part number would be 5VS-W0748-81-00. Given the price and the look IMHO stay with the Suzuki V-Strom option.

Last edited by a moderator:
My lovely wife suprised me with a G2 Ergotube (I have an 06 with snatchy throttle syndrome) and a Ram X-Mount for my phone. As an early Xmas present to myself I got a Corbin Smuggler (from Tripntexas when he sold his bike). Hope everyone had an equally great Christmas!

Santa's bringing me a new set of Fiamm Blaster Horns to replace my cracked ones that don't scream too good anymore.... :santa:
WIll you get more for your bike when you sell it? :p
Smart move Hans, they are awesome!!!

and polished wheels like these. :D

000_0003_00.jpg
I did that on my Duc, they look way cool! I've been debating since I got my Feej to do this again. I did all the stripping and polishing (I had a lot more time then), not fun on the Duc. They had a primer that was baked on and would NOT come off easy, took me all bloody day to strip them. Polishing was an ongoing thing, never had them highly polished, like chrome, but you noticed it. Very similar to your pic.

All great things for all ya'll. I guess my tires I put on at ynotride's earlier in December was my gift... :unsure:
The polished wheels are nice, but what I'd really like Santa to bring me is a set of the Avon Azaros that are shown mounted on them.

GP

Schuberth C3 XXXL (bigass head!), PIAA Sports horns (loudass horns!), Rok-Straps, and a new bike cover!

Way to go Santa!

Santa brought me a new set of PR2`s for the FJR (love them tires), also a set of tires & new brake lines for my 76 GL1000 :yahoo:

Santa dropped off a set of Glenda LED lights from Clearwater. Will get them mounted before spring.
I finished installing the Glenda lights today. Wow, do these lights show up!! I especially like the "volume control" and the full bright when switching to high beams. Instructions where good and along with reading on the forum, installation went well. The hardest part was getting the dash panels back in place, not much slack in the h/light adjusting cables.

I took a quick ride to "try" them before tonight's winter storm warning arrives. I am anxious to try them at night. A definite thumbs up for quality and appearance. I got the silver (nickle) rings, thought they went better with the '10 silver.

Santa brought me an Arai XD-3 in black contrast. Good looking and good fitting helmet! No problems behind the VStream shield.

'fooz