What's with the FJR pricing?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking at four right now...a 2012 with less than 3000 miles on it for $10,000 at a dealer in Riverside, a 2014 with no miles on it for $12,000 at a dealer in Temecula and two up at a dealer near L.A. (a 2014 ES with 5900 miles for $12,000 & brand spanking new 2015 ES for $16,890). Tough choices as i'm thinking of trading in my current ride but also my personal situation is making money tight.

Just remember that everyone is entitled to make money - people don't go into business to lose money and they deserve not only to make a little profit, but also they should be fair - and IMO the utmost of importance is that you feel both comfortable with the price and the potential service they may offer in the future..... those are utmost of importance to me that - down the line they will be there for you to serve your trust in the service of your product down the line....

I bought my 2015 ES from my local dealer, and it was a great deal for me, at the time when I bought it - Nov 2014, one of the first ones out there - but he made a bit of profit, which as a business owner was just as important to me as getting a good deal.... I went back to him again to buy my 2015 FZ-09 because I wanted to "both" show him that I wanted to give him the opportunity to give me a good price and make a sale, as well as have a "Relationship" with them.....

Yes you can always find that bottom barrel price, but know that a continual relationship if they are worthy of that respect goes a long way as well....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking at four right now...a 2012 with less than 3000 miles on it for $10,000 at a dealer in Riverside, a 2014 with no miles on it for $12,000 at a dealer in Temecula and two up at a dealer near L.A. (a 2014 ES with 5900 miles for $12,000 & brand spanking new 2015 ES for $16,890). Tough choices as i'm thinking of trading in my current ride but also my personal situation is making money tight.
Try Honda of Hollywood. They have a brand new 2015ES sitting on the floor and they will do better than the list you quoted. I know, I bought one there.