When did you get your 06?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What week did you get your 06?

• March 1-4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • March 5-11

• March 12-18

• March 19-25

• March 26-31

• April 1-8

• April 9-15

• April 16-22

• April 23-30

• Total voters
I haven't been monitoring this thread that much, but checked in and started laughing that people have trouble reading which so many have pointed out.
Calabash, as thread starter, if you want I will lock the thread, depin it, and we can try again when the bikes start rolling in. It's not like somebody isn't going to type a new thread in bold letters. Just please PM to confirm.

....and if you are curious about how 3 people could slip I won't divulge the guilty's names, but a little background demographics might be interesting since it's an interesting exercise as an admin and SQL database query.

1) One person already confessed earlier that confessed here already....that has about triple the posts I do....Anyone? Bueller? ;)

2) Somebody joked that maybe people can't read English. Well, one voter is a from a foreign country that English isn't the primary language. Let's give 'em the benefit of the doubt.

3) Not much defense here. A person who is registered in the past couple weeks, but not posted anything yet. Newb.

So, you have some fodder to read until your bikes come in. Meanwhile, I got to ride mine again today.....neener neener neener

:bleh:
ESL? So am I ! And I got it !! Anyway, it looks like the first and half the second choices are GONE !!!!!!

We should get our '06 Yamaha's at about the same time the rest of the biking world is throwing their leg over their '07's.....Does any of this make any sense to anyone??
It makes absolute sense if you don't be a dumb American and think and '07 is somehow better than an '06.

If anything one should question how an '07 can possibly exist until 12:00:01, January 1, 2007? They can't be made yet. Or, if they are--they making them in the future and sending them back in time through a wormhole. Do you want a bike that has gone through a wormhole or the manufacturer is lying about dates?

The '06 Yamaha is an honest '06. The rest of the North American manufacturing hype machine is trying to con you if you think the '07 of other brands are different. Don't be a sucker!

....that was the long answer.

The shorter answer is that the FJR is a world-class machine and synching the years up helps us relate better to our brethren across the pond in Europe and other countries the FJR rules. An '06 will be an '06 worldwide. As opposed to a North American '04 FJR is also a European '03.

Trust me. I attempted to account for this temporal anomaly in the forum with motorcycle brands and it's easier this way.
Not sure about that logic, as I got my 2005 FJR1300 in October of 2004, does that mean that it is really a repainted Galaxy Blue 2004 Cerulean Silver FJR?

Skippy

I called my dealer yesterday because I have still not received any letter from Yamaha about my FJR-A.

The dealer told me the delivery date is April. I asked when in April and they said that Yamaha just told them April. He did say that they have been calling Yamaha on a regular basis and they were told that they should be coming out with the delivery letters and more exact delivery dates in a few weeks. I will believe it when I see it because when I first oredered the bike in 11/05 I was told delivery would be in March, now it is scheduled for April, when I call next week will it be May? :angry2:

I hope not. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
The '06 Yamaha is an honest '06. The rest of the North American manufacturing hype machine is trying to con you if you think the '07 of other brands are different. Don't be a sucker!
Funny....that theory must only apply to Yamaha and their FJR as they already have their 2007 sleds in the showroom....

Well it is almost half-way through this month and still no bikes.. :angry:

Can't say we hadn't been warned by the "elders" who had gone through this before.

I was warned but did not want to believe them, I thought that THIS year it will be different... :huh:

When the bikes started to come in last year, were they coming in all at once in an organized fashion, or did they come in helter skelter with no pattern nor ryhme or reason?

I think I know the answer already... :blink: :dribble:

yea im getting really anxious too... seems every day I am checking out the board and other forums trying to see when these babies are hitting the road... nothing yet... I was told April as well.. Ordered mine in October... And the bad part for me, is i already paid for my bike in total (of my own choice), do the dealer has my money and no bike... then again when it does arrive, all I do is sign the bill of sale and drive off.. :)

Ohhh this waiting is killing me

yea im getting really anxious too... seems every day I am checking out the board and other forums trying to see when these babies are hitting the road... nothing yet... I was told April as well.. Ordered mine in October...  And the bad part for me, is i already paid for my bike in total (of my own choice), do the dealer has my money and no bike... then again when it does arrive, all I do is sign the bill of sale and drive off.. :)
Ohhh this waiting is killing me
Wadaya guys bitchin' about? They're being delivered as we type - in Europe!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :haha: :p

All right !!!

I'm here for my F%^$$#*&^$$%%#ing bike!

thbackbear.gif

Me, on April 30th.... I think I'm beginning to look like that now :bigeyes:

..........or did they come in helter skelter with no pattern nor ryhme or reason?
Heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh! :haha: :wacko: :fool: :taunt: :tease:

We, who have travelled this road before have promised to not say, "I told you so!" We feel your pain, really! Only it's a lot less painful on this side of our FJRs than on yours. ;)

I'd swear I saw an '06 headed North out of Sebastopol yesterday. We were on our Occidental group ride and as we were heading South into town there was a dark blue Sports Touring bike headed the other way: dual headlamps, FJR-esque cases (pointy, not round like a Triumph). I wonder???

I received an unsolicited call from my dealer in San Rafael, CA (Hattarmoto.com) on friday to let me know my bike was shipping March 23 and should be in 1st week April... Thought she was talking about my Daytona as it is due in April and CA FJRs were not due until May.

When she asked me what I was going to do with my "old" (2005) FJR, I figured out she was talking about the FJR.

Wouldn't it be strange if it arrived "early"...

I'd swear I saw an '06 headed North out of Sebastopol yesterday.  We were on our Occidental group ride and as we were heading South into town there was a dark blue Sports Touring bike headed the other way: dual headlamps, FJR-esque cases (pointy, not round like a Triumph).  I wonder???
Mike, that was me. Sorry I couldn't hookup with you guys, but I was in a hurry. I swiped the 06 FJR demo bike off the Yamaha trailer and had to get it back before they found out. It's ok though, my therapist is working with me on my waitermania syndrom and said I will be ok as soon as the new FJR gets here if it ever does. Hope you guys had a good ride home. Blessings, PM. <>< B)

Confirmed today that bike will be landing on the east coast 3/24 then shipped overland to Hattar in San Rafael... funny how japanese bikes go around the world to the east coast to offload...

:eh: When my silver FJR came, it landed in Cali, then shipped by truck to Atlanta for East coast distribution, then to the dealer in Alabama.

I just talked to my dealer in Nashville the delivery has been pushed from - Sometime in April to the first of May, of well gives me a month to sell my 02 Honda 954RR plus get my Autocom system to him to install

Confirmed today that bike will be landing on the east coast 3/24 then shipped overland to Hattar in San Rafael... funny how japanese bikes go around the world to the east coast to offload...
This would be a first as far as I know ! All previous shipments came into Long Beach or Oakland then headed east :unsure:

This would be a first as far as I know ! All previous shipments came into Long Beach or Oakland then headed east :unsure:
+1 on that Highlander. Same info I got when I ordered in Oct. PM. <>< :D

FJRF4Fun, did hear also today that some bikes come into Georgia then overland. Get's conflicting. All I care is just get it here in one piece...... Here comes the pics of the sinking container ships. PM. < :( (((< :lol:

:D Mine has arrived.

After reading about Susan last weekend out in BC I dropped into my dealer last Monday to see if he had heard anything about my delivery date. He told my he had received an email from his rep, and that my bike should be in by the end of the week. Yesterday, Thursday march 30, I stopped by again, and I was told the bike was in fact here. :D . I have now done the dreaded paperwork for payment. and I have the VIN number (000002) so I can arrange insurance. I will be picking the bike up in the middle of next week. I don't think the bags are in yet but I was told that they are only a week or two behind. I am in Sudbury, Ontario. I can't wait to get riding again. :D :D :D :D

On the poll I checked off April 1- 8

Dave