When leaving Dallas?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JHMZ71

Reaction score
So, going to make my room reservations and need to know when everyone plans to leave the Dallas area. Would like to ride up with at least a couple other people. Safety in numbers is what I've been told.

Last edited by a moderator:
I plan on leading a group ride up from Dallas.

I have not finalized departure times but I believe we will be leaving the Dallas area some time the morning of Thursday the 24th.

Anybody wanting to ride along is welcome.

Post up, if you want to ride up in the group.

Mark

I plan on leading a group ride up from Dallas.I have not finalized departure times but I believe we will be leaving the Dallas area some time the morning of Thursday the 24th.

Anybody wanting to ride along is welcome.

Post up, if you want to ride up in the group.

Mark
Sign me up.

We are planning to ride up on the 24th also so will probably ride with the group.

Bill Beach

Hey Marcus,

How are you doing.

Getting much time in on that new bike?

I don't have the route info with me today but I will post my thoughts tomorrow.

But it goes something like this.

What I have so far is 75 north to 380 east to Greenville.

P/U I-30 for 90 miles up to 259 North to Idabel.

Continue to Broken Bow and up 259 to Telimena 1 Senic Drive. East to Mena

In Mena take 71 N through Walden.

P/U 23 N/E toward Ione and Booneville.

Stay on 23 all the way to ES.

It will take all of an 8 hour day, best i can tell.

I am open and welcome to suggestions.

Hope you will join us.

Mark

I plan on leaving Thursday morning for the ride up to Eureka Springs. My tentative route is 75/121 Bonham, 82 Paris,

195 (a good one) and 37 to 259 at Idabel, OK. 259/270 to Heavener, Ok, 128/28 to 71 then AR23 to Eureka Springs.

382 miles from 75/380 intersection (McKinney). A possible good meeting place as there is fuel there and an I-Hop

about 1/4 th mile up the 75 access road.

That route on Garmin Map Source shows 9:56 for the 382 miles. I figure two fuel stops and a quick bite stop.

John

I agree John,

We will plan on meeting at the 75/380 Intersection in Mckinney.

Your route seems pretty close to what I had in mind, but I really want to hit Telimena Senic Drive.

Any way to can work that into your route?

Mark

Sure Mark no problem. It will add 21 miles and 28 minutes to the time/distance I had

gotten from Map Source. Now 10:25 and 403 miles.

John

I agree John,We will plan on meeting at the 75/380 Intersection in Mckinney.

Your route seems pretty close to what I had in mind, but I really want to hit Telimena Senic Drive.

Mark
I am a possibility for this trip, I have my reservations for hotel already. I also like the Telimena (SP?) drive. Do you mind one more tagging along?

What time would you be meeting at 75/380? I ran the Telimena last time I went to Eureka springs. Althought it was wet and foggy, it was still great.

I agree John,We will plan on meeting at the 75/380 Intersection in Mckinney.

Mark
I am a possibility for this trip, I have my reservations for hotel already. I also like the Telimena (SP?) drive. Do you mind one more tagging along?

What time would you be meeting at 75/380? I ran the Telimena last time I went to Eureka springs. Althought it was wet and foggy, it was still great.

Meeting time at 75/380 to be determined. If we have a lot of riders on this route it might be practical to have two groups

with an earlier and later meeting time. That might be be better for those coming from the southern part of the DFW area.

Keep in mind that the driving time from 75/380, not including stops, is 10:25 according to Garmin's Map Source. We can

probably beat that time somewhat but keep in mind that this route has a lot of crooked roads and quite a few small

towns to go through.

Meeting time at 75/380 to be determined. If we have a lot of riders on this route it might be practical to have two groupswith an earlier and later meeting time. That might be be better for those coming from the southern part of the DFW area.
FYI, you don't have to worry about waiting for me to make it up there this year. I'll be heading up early that morning, taking the most direct route so I can get registration set up for when the rest of you arrive.

Thank you to mbottoms and nosecone for heading up the group ride!

Sure, jbh, the more the merrier.

We will wait until closer to the event to determine the meeting time.

We need to let things gel for a while and see how many will be in the group and whether or not we want to go as one group or two.

Mark

Sure, jbh, the more the merrier.We will wait until closer to the event to determine the meeting time.

We need to let things gel for a while and see how many will be in the group and whether or not we want to go as one group or two.

Mark
Sounds good, last time I went up there I met a group in Sherman at 8:30 and we arrived about 5-6pm. We took a lot of back roads and had about 4 stops. I am open for whatever.

SFO is getting close, can you smell it, I can, Hell Yes!!!!!!!!!

Looks like the Group Ride to ES will meet at the IHOP located on the service road at I-75 and Hwy 380.

Meeting time will be 7:30-8:00am with a planned departure around 8:30am on Thursday the 24th.

I would like to keep this ride under 9 hrs, so I have purposely routed us on a few big roads till we get out of Tx.

Looking forward to riding with you guys.

Mark

Hey gang, I did not sign up for SFO but will be up there with the FZ boys and taking the same route on Thursday. If you see an '05 w/ blue flames I ain't anti-social just on a mission. Ride safe and have fun. See you on the road.

As of tonight (4/17) the long-term forecast here in eastern Oklahoma is 40% chance of showers/thunderstorms next Wednesday and Wed. night. But those chances diminish to 20% for Thursday. Everything that comes over my house heads straight for northwest Arkansas. Will try to keep you guys and gals apprised of all updates for the next few days. Phil