Where are the 2012 FJRs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ECU, ABS, plumbing ... if you have serviced the rear shock on both a 06 and 10, the changes on the 10 would make you want to send a thank you note to Mama Yamaha.
What did they do to the ABS to make the rear shock easier? it was a pain for mine the first time, I switched the bolt/nut around so the nut is on the right and the bolt slides out the left side of the bike easy as PIE now.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i took my chrome piece of the side fairing and i tell everyone mine is a 2012.................... hoping for some "change" in 2012

If I cannot resist a fourth moto, even though I don't have room to store it (it would have to live under my patio canopy or in my living room or at Donna's house), I will spring for a cherry red K75S.
k75s.gif
BMW seems to have borrowed heavily from the 1983 Suzuki GS1100E in the styling department, but IMHO they totally botched it. BMW cars are quite sleek, sporty looking, and seemingly well-designed, but I think their two-wheeled vehicles look like day old vomit.

640px-1983-Suzuki-GS1100E-Red-6673-0.jpg

1323302213[/url]' post='919390']I thought the tail piece had some silver on it like the 07-11s. This one is all blue like my 06 (RIP)
Ive heard from multiple people that the '12 was supposed to have rear silver side panels and silver around the tail lights. It doesn't. If helpful, I'll go into the garage and snap any specific close ups anyone wants to see. I was hoping to get out to a nice scenic area for photos soon but I can take some quickies in the garage if helpful.

If I cannot resist a fourth moto, even though I don't have room to store it (it would have to live under my patio canopy or in my living room or at Donna's house), I will spring for a cherry red K75S.

I owned an '87 K75S for ten years and that was one beautiful and smooth motorcycle. I bought it after seeing one on display at a motorcycle race at Mid-Ohio race track.

I received more compliments and "thumbs-up" on that bike than all the other bikes I have owned. Mine had the Corbin saddle on it like in this picture.

Most people were amazed to find out that BMW built motorcycles!!

k75s.gif

IMG_2465.jpg

2012 FJR1300 without the bags on

IMG_2452.jpg

The console. (Yay, finally broke 600 and completed the 600 mile tune-up. Looks like I just need gas and I'm ready to roll on.)

IMG_2453.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2456.jpg

I've added a tank protector, frame sliders and a mount for the GPS.

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

The tail piece is all blue on the 2012 model.

My neighbor's friend Phil was looking to buy a 2012 FJR and had test ridden one at Roseville. He is a BMW guy and insists on a brand new one, with helirisers and footpeg offsets to drop his feet a bit. I walked into Capitol Yamaha on Friday where they know me by name and asked them to quote me the best deal on the one they just rolled out on the floor. They sold it that afternoon for just $500 over cost. Amazing deal. We'll have a new FJR rider in our midst soon. Of course he'll have to get over the disappointment that it's not as fast as the blue 2005. :lol:

Going to have another 2012 on the forum? Cool! :) Guess it's time to get "2012 ABS (N. America)" as an option for "Bike" in our profiles now... so I won't have to use "other."

$500 over cost? Wow! I wish I got that deal.

wfooshee: It just got it's first wash last weekend after 1300 miles. I keep it in a garage when not riding. Dirt definitely doesn't show up well. (yay!) Oh, and as for scratches, just look at the side of the motor in the picture of the left side. (Sorry, don't know what that round gray part of the motor is called.) You'll see where the gray is lighter in color. That's from tipping it over on day 1 before getting the sliders installed. Doh!

That's the stator cover. And sliders wouldn't have helped there. Don't worry, when it comes to scratches on that cover you are in good company. ;)

Going to have another 2012 on the forum? Cool! :) Guess it's time to get "2012 ABS (N. America)" as an option for "Bike" in our profiles now... so I won't have to use "other."

$500 over cost? Wow! I wish I got that deal.

wfooshee: It just got it's first wash last weekend after 1300 miles. I keep it in a garage when not riding. Dirt definitely doesn't show up well. (yay!) Oh, and as for scratches, just look at the side of the motor in the picture of the left side. (Sorry, don't know what that round gray part of the motor is called.) You'll see where the gray is lighter in color. That's from tipping it over on day 1 before getting the sliders installed. Doh!
:( Maybe I should have the dealer install the sliders (I already have it in hands) before taking delivery in April.

Wouldn't hurt. I worked the sliders and installation into my deal as part of purchasing the bike but I had to wait for them to order them. It only took them a few minutes to install and I felt better having them do it so they could get the torque just right.

Only thing I've done is the sliders and the tank guard so far. Oh, since I'm fairly close to Hollister, I rode down there and had them make me a custom seat too. LOVE IT! I also ordered a Smuggler from them and today I ordered the reflective rear bag decals from Real Time Industries (Alex) thanks to this forum for helping me learn about them.

Just got the call yesterday, my FJR was delivered and sitting in a crate. :yahoo: They said they'd leave it in the crate until I was ready to pick it up. (EARLY spring) I think I'll go over to check it out this weekend and touch the box.

Just got the call yesterday, my FJR was delivered and sitting in a crate. :yahoo: They said they'd leave it in the crate until I was ready to pick it up. (EARLY spring) I think I'll go over to check it out this weekend and touch the box.
:thumbsupsmiley:

I worked the sliders and installation into my deal as part of purchasing the bike but I had to wait for them to order them. It only took them a few minutes to install and I felt better having them do it so they could get the torque just right.
I'll bet there are a lot of people on the forum who trust their own wrenching skills far more than they trust some random guy working in the service area at the dealer. Not everyone can be their own mechanic for various reasons, but the general rule seems to be, if you want it done right, do it yourself.

Anyway, congrats on the new bike! I like it, except for that manual clutch lever. How quaint! :)