Where do new members get crash club cards

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just caught this Kevin... that sucks. Let me know if you need an estimate / repair guy. The guy that fixed my bike after the deer strike does very good work. Most of the dealers in the area sub out their repairs to him, so you'd be leaving out the middle man.

Fencer, glad you didn't get to roughed up there.

That friggin gravel will get your ass even when you're aware it's in the area .

Maybe you'll get a new bike outta it and not have to screw with repair work.

Are you practicing your sliding technic for the track? just kiddin glad you're alright.

I had a nice Phone conversation with Progressive today. I'll have to make time to get the bike to Russell's Speed Shop. A progress authorized place. I hear he does good work. The mentioned a new frame.....

Said book was $11k for the base then I have an additional $2k for farkles. but the bike has 2 K in suspension alone. Said more than likely would not total from my description. Also inquired if my gear was damaged. Overall I got a good feeling, We'll see how it plays out. I am mixed on scraping for an 08 as I REALLY like my bike.

I had a nice Phone conversation with Progressive today. I'll have to make time to get the bike to Russell's Speed Shop. A progress authorized place. I hear he does good work. The mentioned a new frame.....
Said book was $11k for the base then I have an additional $2k for farkles. but the bike has 2 K in suspension alone. Said more than likely would not total from my description. Also inquired if my gear was damaged. Overall I got a good feeling, We'll see how it plays out. I am mixed on scraping for an 08 as I REALLY like my bike.
I'm with Progressive, and the guy came to my office one afternoon and was there for an hour looking for stuff on my bike to pay for. Went over my gear, took pics of labels, went online to price stuff I didn't have receipts for. Used the local stealer for price on plastic ( :yahoo: ) which I bought from Univ Mtrs and installed myself. My policy had a $1000 gear/accessory allowance, so they replaced my boots, gloves, rainsuit, and pants. Jacket was OK. Picked up the check the day after the visit. During disassembly found broken tabs on the nose cowl and went back for more $, no problem. He took more pics, had another check that day.

If it weren't for that frame thing, yours would be just as easy, I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Way glad you're OK.

STOP DOING THAT!

Kinda sureal looking over, while moving, on your ass, to see you bike next to you on its side.
I remember that exact same feelin' from not too long ago.

Well I am sorry to see you have joined the bit by gravel tream, however it appears other than the slider and damage to the frame all went as well as it could have under the circumstances... Best wishes as you move to repair the bike or replace with the o8.....

Mike

Fencer,

Gezz, I'am glad you are okay. You must promise that if the bike is totalled you are going to buy another FJR and a used ATV. Boy, that road is an accident waiting to happen. You'r fortunate that you walked away with just a few sore spots and a hurt ego. Take it easy!

kevin, glad to hear that you're ok. It looks like the slider really saved a lot of plastic damage. Good luck with the insurance company.

I am very glad you are ok. I can relate to the surreal part of going down hill on your butt and the bike sliding next to you... its kind of an out of body experience. ATGATT works!!! It could have been worst: butt rash

BTW, are we on wipe-out season? Guys, be careful out there!

Fence,
I was just fine, feeling all sorry for you and everything, right up to moment where you posted that picture of your ass. Oh man!!! Text was enough. We don't need the visual!

Glad you are okay. A good welder can fix that frame, but it will look ugly.

Heal fast!

Jeff

Glad to hear you are okay. Let this be a reminder to all (me for sure) to wear proper gear and not leave it in the closet. There have been times, where I think..... heck only going down to a friends and don't need my gear. Since I hit the pavement, I'll never ride without it again. My gear helped save my hide as did yours.

Dave

Damn, man, sorry to read of your get-off. That fookin " pea " gravel is what got me too. Damn shit....you can hardly see it. Like someone else mentioned, though, that whole road you were on looks highly suspect, in my book. I hope all works out well for you. I've got to admit.....I'm getting more than a little paranoid about crap in the road.

I contacted The DOT about the road, and actually got a response :yahoo:

--------------------------

I am the County Transportation Engineer for this area. I was forwarded your complaint about County Road 10 in Bibb County and have sent it to the Bibb County Engineer, Steven Avery. He will initiate a work order to review the site and assess the situation. If you would like to discuss it with him, his number is 205-926-3111.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and glad to hear you had no major injuries.

Skip Powe, P.E.

Asst. Division Engineer, County Transportation

Alabama Department of Transportation

Fifth Division

(205) 554-3252

--------------------------------------------

I received the forwarded e-mail/pictures from ALDOT. Glad you are alright. I have written a work order to have the problem addressed. I have also spoken to my road superintendent about having our power broom sent up there posthaste and sweep the surface for loose stone/debris.

Steven Avery

County Engineer

-----------------------------------

As of tonight, it looks like they are leaning towards a frame replacement rather than a total.

I'll update when I know more.

Fence, How's the ankle doing? I didn't see any follow-up on that.

Hope all is well, maybe you and Scab can get a 2 for 1 special on a beginner MSF class?? :p

JW