Where purchase mercury?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worked as a Senior Lab Technician years ago and was on the Hazardous Material Spill Response Team. When mercury thermometers were broken we had to put on our protective gear and clean up the spill. The clean up kit was then sealed in plastic and placed in the hazardous waste storage room. The company couldn't find any place that would dispose of the mercury for them so I bet there are still clean up kits from me over 21 years ago.

You were just lucky that U Haul didn't know of the mercury spill or you would have been charged a massive clean up fee.

We used to play with that stuff as kids all the time and probably drank some of it as well...

Probably 'splains a few things...

Yep. Used to sneak some out of the physical science lab in junior high school then chase it around the kitchen floor till our mom would chase our butts out the front door.

Any idea why I'm growing a third nipple?

Any idea why I'm growing a third nipple?

Rented any shiny U-Hauls lately ? Science teacher taught us how to make dimes out of pennies back in the day. :blink: I figured my third nipple was excess mojo from reading the FJRForum so often but you may be onto something..

I recently move to a new home and in the uHaul transport I lost about 1/2 of the mercury in my Motion Pro economy sync tool. Motion Pro does not sell replacement mercury and I hate to have to buy another just to get the mercury.

Anyone know where I could purchase a small amount of mercury. Tried numerous Google searches with no luck.
Still looking for mercury? Try these guys. They offered to sell me a pound for an antique barometer I was repairing about a year ago. Shipping was not a problem either.

https://www.medfordclock.com

Tempus

Like Mike, I played with a crap load of mercury as a kid, probably even accidently ingested some of it (or maybe on purpose), who knows. Anyway, I'm still here, drinking, eating, riding, fornicating and laughing my ass off at what appears to be hysteria over several drops of the stuff. Maybe I'll grow a horn in my forehead to go with... never mind.

more praise for the carbtune. I've owned the motionpro wth the blue liquid and it worked well once or twice but after I moved to Utah it was cluttered with air bubbles I couldn't get out no matter what I did.

Carbtune This is a nice tool that will last

Lots of ac/heat thermostats have mercury switches in them. I bet two of those would do the trick. Works good for getting lead out of gun barrels too.

If you know anyone in the medical field the old wall mount or caster mounted sphygmomanometers (blood pressure meters) hold quite a bit of mercury and are being phased out everywhere. Ask around cause a lot of them are just shoved in a storage closet somewhere at the doctors office collecting dust. Just one is more than enough to fill a carb sync.

I've owned the motionpro with the blue liquid and it worked well once or twice but after I moved to Utah it was cluttered with air bubbles I couldn't get out no matter what I did.
FINALLY. Someone else that had the same problem I did, except mine had the bubbles from the start. I posted about it and got "nooo, I'm SURE you could somehow get those bubbles out" from tons of people that'd never even seen one.

Do a google search for elemental mercury for sale. Look for the Ecrater location. It sells 56 gms for two small bottles for about $35.00 shipped ground ups.

Mercury is soo outdated. Use modern electronic differential pressure sensors cast of silicone and not expose yourself, the environment, your kids or pets to the incredibly toxic effects of mercury.

Signed,

Captain Mercury