where to buy black 3M reflective strips for side cases?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for the links above to tankslapper....... gee, looks exactly like the set I made for my bike back in 2003.
Sorry if I offended you with the tankslapper link. If you offered a logo free design I would have bought from you. Maybe others prefer the no-logo look as well?

I bought stickers & patches :D

Actually the logo free design is no problem at all. I'll update the site and set the price $2.50 cheaper! That's

$19.50 shipped to those in the US, $23 for those overseas.

Also, if anyone has any special requests, I would be more than happy to work with you.

Thanks

Alex
Hi Alex,

I ordered the decals in the beginning of the month. It shows the payment went thru via PayPal. I'm waiting to hear from you in reference of the availablity in the silver lettering. I did send $22 as posted on the website. Do I get a $2.50 refund? :D :clapping: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Alex,
I ordered the decals in the beginning of the month. It shows the payment went thru via PayPal. I'm waiting to hear from you in reference of the availablity in the silver lettering. I did send $22 as posted on the website. Do I get a $2.50 refund? :D :clapping: :D
The $19.50 is for the plain (no print) set. If you would like a set of those, no problem, just let me know I'll refund you the $2.50 :D .

Also, bear with me guys, I'm in the process of migrating all my transactions over to quickbooks for accounting purposes and also email. I just signed the last tax form last night and paid for the hosing fees to get my site over on a new platform where I can keep track of all these orders easier. Excel just dosen't cut it.

Thanks

Alex

I just signed the last tax form last night and paid for the hosing fees to get my site over on a new platform where I can keep track of all these orders easier.
:D , might be a typo, might be a Freudian slip, either way whatever the fee sometimes you feel like you were just hosed.

Just got mine from Alex. Very nice :clapping: Got the ones with the FJR 1300 on them. They look very good. thanks for making these. :yahoo:

Alex,
I just placed an order for the saddle bag decals. Looking forward to getting them.

Gary
I'll get those out tomorrow at lunch Gary. Should receive them soon.

Currently in between preping the FJR for WFO I'm making a set of reflective decals for the 52 liter Givi box for my bike. I'm really liking the Givi box over the Yammy trunk it just replaced. It is made very well.

Thanks for all the orders guys!

Alex

Just recieved mine from Alex. Just wondering if there is any special trick to getting them on straight and without air bubbles? I know some stickers it is advised to spray surface with soapy water then place sticker and let dry. Any advice aprieciated I dont want to screw these up

Thanks

Alex,

Put me down for a set of the plain version for my saddlebags. Is there any other way to pay you without using Pay Pal?

Mine arrived from Alex yesterday. Exactly as promised with no logo. Used Paypal. Easy transaction.

Thanks,

Tom Hanaway

Just happened across this thread. I accidently ordered a plain set of the decals off ebay, not from alex. When I discovered my mistake I ordered the logo set from Alex - so I have a set of plain decals you can have for the price of shipping, first PM I get gets em. Send something large enough to fit two 6x14 stickers. One of them is a bit nicked up on one end from sitting on my workbench. Will also post in the for sale section to try and avoid the wrath of the admins.

Thanks for the orders guys. It was really nice getting to see and talk with some of you at WFO!

Later!

Just recieved mine from Alex. Just wondering if there is any special trick to getting them on straight and without air bubbles? I know some stickers it is advised to spray surface with soapy water then place sticker and let dry. Any advice aprieciated I dont want to screw these up
Thanks
BINGO!

My first set from Alex got trashed when I tried to apply them to the bags dry. Soapy water is a MUST to install these things without going insane. :rolleyes:

I went on to eBay and got the whole set, fairing, sides for the panniers, rear of it and top case, boy I'm lit up like a Christmas tree, I also plan to install a break light license plate frame for the last piece of added visibility.

I searched at eBay for FJR reflective and got a few listing, the guy who sells them is called FJR04, he's a cool dude, great quality and very fair price!

V

RPK

The real timeindustries instructions recommend 50% rubbing alcohol 50% water instead of soapy water, but only on smooth painted surfaces, for the side case rear , which are not smooth, It says do them dry. I tried super hard to get no bubbles , but was unsuccessful, not quite sure what I did wrong, but they look fine I posted a pic in another thread

decals.png

I gt two left hand instead of a left and right, so I trimmed, to make square , so hey look even, but decided to only do he top half