where to buy black 3M reflective strips for side cases?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a graphics shop (retired) and though we used a commercial formula to apply vinyl it's basically just soapy water. If you're inexperience apply a LOT of soapy water, float the vinyl on the surface, position it then squeegee out the excess water. No bubbles and works every time. Dry application is sometimes appropriate but if there's any doubt use the soapy water. I won't hurt anything and can save you potential grief.

The real timeindustries instructions recommend 50% rubbing alcohol 50% water instead of soapy water, but only on smooth painted surfaces, for the side case rear , which are not smooth, It says do them dry. I tried super hard to get no bubbles , but was unsuccessful, not quite sure what I did wrong, but they look fine I posted a pic in another thread

Various colors of ScotchLite can sometimes be found at your local arts and crafts shop, fyi. They can cut it from a roll at whatever length you like.