Where to get carbon fiber stator cover protector

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worldbound4now

Reaction score
I'm looking for a carbon fiber stator cover to protect my 2005 engine case if I low side to the left ever again. The first one performed fairly well, and I need a replacement. I found BikeJohnny's version, but the price is crazy compared to what I paid for the one sold by wild hair accessories. WHA no longer carries the part. Anybody find a different source? Thanks!

Bike Johnny be da main!

https://www.bikes-n-spikes.org/mods/ea/ea.html

armor01.jpg

Ok, are you missing the question? I know that bikejohnny carries them, but am searching for assistance to find one stateside at a lower price.

Hmmm.......I don't remember you're post mentioning BikeJohnny at all when I read this afternoon. Did you edit your original post? And that's why people are answering the way they are?

Regardless, I know of no other source. Stateside or not. If you want another one, it's BikeJohnny or no joy.

If you do a Google, you'll find that various vendors offer non-FJR CFS covers for $250 or more. bikejohnny's is, therefore, a deal and you won't find better customer service. Skoot's right (shit!), I don't believe you'll find another stateside vendor.

I Had a look at BikeJohnny a week or so ago and thye had them on special landed here in Oz was like $180 or $190 AUD that's like $2.50 US I think...and they are shinny and a bit of flash gear...

Cheers

Hey Nut I here you bin a pimpin?

Cheap by any standards. Just buy 'em. You know you want to! Your credt card company will do the conversion for you. Anything I've ever ordered from BJ has arrived stateside in about 2 weeks.

Cheap by any standards. Just buy 'em. You know you want to! Your credt card company will do the conversion for you. Anything I've ever ordered from BJ has arrived stateside in about 2 weeks.
Yeah, but does anyone know how much these things sell for off hand?

1.00 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 1.90382 USD (United States Dollars)

Quite expensive !!!

£ 77.87 = $ 148.19 USD

1.00 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 1.90382 USD (United States Dollars)
Quite expensive !!!

£ 77.87 = $ 148.19 USD
Might be spendy, sure, but not as spendy as it would have been for worldbound4now if he had to have his bike towed home several hundred miles after cracking his stator cover during WFO-5! It saved his bacon... in that it not only allowed him to ride back to the Reno Hilton... he rode all the way home with it!

Which is why he's looking to replace his carbon fiber stator cover, I'm guessing..... :D

Gentlemen,

I've noticed that every photo I've seen of an FJR that had been lowsided had the stator cover damaged in the same area...the lower portion. Has anyone seen damage beyond that limited area?

I believe it would be just as protective to have a (cushioned?) steel bumper bar held in place with some of the existing bolts.

I'm not saying the carbon fiber cover isn't an elegant answer, I just think equal protection could be had for far less expense.

I believe there hasn't been enough of a perceived market for the entrepeneurs among us to tackle the challenge. A lower cost stator guard would be a big seller.

dobias :glare:

Gentlemen,
I've noticed that every photo I've seen of an FJR that had been lowsided had the stator cover damaged in the same area...the lower portion. Has anyone seen damage beyond that limited area?

I believe it would be just as protective to have a (cushioned?) steel bumper bar held in place with some of the existing bolts.

I'm not saying the carbon fiber cover isn't an elegant answer, I just think equal protection could be had for far less expense.

I believe there hasn't been enough of a perceived market for the entrepeneurs among us to tackle the challenge. A lower cost stator guard would be a big seller.

+1 on the lower cost stator guard. It would seem there should be allot of intrest in this. So far only one option for a stator guard, and it's 140.00. Nothing available stateside either. If I could get one for under a hundred bones, I get one in a second. I can't imagine that I'm the only one thinking this way.

Gentlemen,

I doubt that anyone would want ot sell on except as "decoration" because of liability issues. Another thought: What bolts are strong enough to support the bike weight? Any blow that would damage the side case would put extreme side load on the sidecase bolts and when you add the leverage factor of a crashbar? THere is no frame to bolt to so the caseguard would have to be bolted to the engine/

The easiest solution is to purchase the C/F cover and be done with it. No grinding or sawing of the body panel for clearance, no clearance issues with the foot guards, no extra chrome to polish......

haha thought I'd bring it back from the dead....

I came across this site some time ago (buddy of mine is wanting some bling for the ole lady) and thought it would be relavant... does some custom carbon work and by the looks of it has made carbon covers for the kawasaki's and looks a lot less $$$ then the bikejohnny ones...

www.kingcarbon.zoomshare.com

on a side note, any other carobn bits you guys know of for the Fj's?

Last edited by a moderator: