Where to get carbon fiber stator cover protector

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, Geelong is in Australia... so you have to convert the currency from Aussie dollars to US $... about $187 US at today's rate...

Last edited by a moderator:
so maybe a stupid question but do these covers go over the top of the existing cover OR replace the existing cover??

so maybe a stupid question but do these covers go over the top of the existing cover OR replace the existing cover??
Right on top - with marine grade adhesive.
well that sounds like a sticky mess if you want to remove/replace it. Is it? I mean I dont know I was never a Marine, I have no idea what kind of adhesive they use :)

Cheap by any standards. Just buy 'em. You know you want to! Your credt card company will do the conversion for you. Anything I've ever ordered from BJ has arrived stateside in about 2 weeks.
Yeah, but does anyone know how much these things sell for off hand?
D00D! Make Google yer bitch! Simply enter: x gbp in usd (where x is the price in great british pounds or aud instead of gbp or any measure to any measure)

it'll remove if you want to and clean up is relatively simple. but why take it off? can you plan your wrecks that well?

it'll remove if you want to and clean up is relatively simple. but why take it off? can you plan your wrecks that well?
I just put mine on (from Geerlong); it's not coming off without the assistance of asphalt or concrete. The stator cover may still be removed; the bolts are visible. The CF cover just protects the outer cover from scratches/damage. If for some reason you need to replace the stator, it's possible.

I scored a deal on CL for a never used Bike Johnny stator cover for $60. But the glue was dried up - I had to buy a tube of 3M Marine Grade sealant.

My bike had a parking lot tip over, now we are back to never been down as soon as I complete the touch up on the upper fairing. I bet most of those covers cover boo-boos.

I don't think it is ever coming off. B)