Where'd the WV Ramble go?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluebullet

Towing the Short Bus
Reaction score
West Virginia Ramble-Make your reservations now WV Spring Ramble- Make your reservations

I've reserved 10 rooms at the Day Inn and Suites, Bridgeport, WV for this event. The dates will

be meet Friday, June 16 at 5:00 at the hotel, ride Sat/Sun and check out Monday June 19. They do

have more rooms available if we go beyond 10 rooms. PM your buddies before registration if you

want to save cash and share a room with double beds. I'll call into the hotel to expand the

rooms if needed.

That Friday is the same day that the STN ride near Snowshoe ends. We'll be able to ride as a

group from Snowshoe to the hotel via backroads, and probably have a lot of time to see something

along the way.

Here the website for details and directions to the hotel:

www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/c...andInfo=DI

This hotel is really the only decent one in the area that doesn't cost $90+. Others are closer

to dinner or cheaper, but they are dark, dingy, and utterly depressing. We'll have to ride or

walk about a 1/2 mile for dinner. There are several good, clean restaurants to choose from as

well as a Walmart nearby.

You'll have two choices in rooms at less than the AAA discount rate:

Standard- $60 a night. Nothing special about the room. Choice of king or 2 double beds Smoking

or non.

Suite- Larger bathroom, refridgerator, coffee maker, ironing board, and microwave included.

Choice of king or two double beds.Smoking or non.

Deluxe continental breakfast included for all room types. There is also the only indoor pool in

the area here. The breakfast sounded pretty good including homemade waffles, fruits,

tea/coffee/bagles, danishes, etc. If this is not appealing, there is a Bob Evans and Dennys

closeby.

Call 304-842-7371 to make a reservation. Use the group buy code: FJR RAMBLE for discounted room

rates. Also please PM me that you are coming so I know to look for you. There will be no

offical registration, no t-shirts/door prizes...just FJR owners who like to ride.

I do not have a full ride route planned as of yet, but I have ridden the area several times and

know my way around . In fact, I may not know the exact route until that day as I didn't want to

duplicate too much of the routes from the STN event. Not knowing what they are yet, it's tough

to determine our route. No worries ...I know the area well enough to plan on the fly if needed.

Even if we do duplicate some, I bet no one will care one bit as these are absolutely stellar

roads that you will want to ride again and again.

We'll be crossing the Mongahala and George Washington Nat'l Forests, as well as the Alleghany,

Shenandoa, and other mountain ranges. Look at a relief map...these are the largest mountains on

the east coast. There are several 12+% grades, hundreds of mountain switchbacks, and quite a few

scenic overlooks to keep us entertained.

This will likely be the last ramble I'll plan for awhile. Let's make this one a fun, m

Thanks for reposting this! I've been trying to get this up on the STN site as well, but alas I can't seem to post there for some unknown technical reason (frigin computers!!!)

Hope to see you there.

I am coming to this thing called a "RAMBLE" . There are a couple more postings on "southeast"

To answer your question.. I don't know!

Hello Geezer,

Here are a few camping spots:

Broken Wheel Campground LLC

Address: Rt. 3 Box 229

Weston, WV 26452

PRICKETT'S CREEK CAMPGROUND

RR 3

FAIRMONT, WV 26554 (304) 363-1910

Harrison County Conservation Board

https://www.harrisoncountyparks.org/cabins&camping/index.htm

Look around on google for Harrison or Upshur County campgrounds.

We have 6 people confirmed from here and STN. More are welcome.

I've been made aware the hotel is mixing up reservations. I'm calling to straighten things out.

Please PM me to confirm you are attending, please.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE RAMBLE!!!!

Thank you for the camping information. I am planning to come to the ramble. I will not be at the ST N meet. I'll ride down from NY on Friday and look for a bunch of FJRs at the Days Inn after I set up my tent. I'll let you know which campground I'll be at once I reserve a spot. And I'll follow up with a PM. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

EDIT: I sm going to try to stay at Tygart Lake State Campground. This is the nearest place that I could find. They don't take reservations but they don't normally fill up except on holiday weekends. So I'm in for the ramble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey yammy,

Are we going to ride US 60 between Lewisburg and points west? I presume between the ST meet and the Ramble that road is going to get ridden...Just in case, I might ride it beforehand...

Hey yammy,
Are we going to ride US 60 between Lewisburg and points west? I presume between the ST meet and the Ramble that road is going to get ridden...Just in case, I might ride it beforehand...
Yes, I figured we would run it at STN. This is a must do, for sure. I want to run Pochontas county as much as possible as well.

I'm headin' down to the smokies this weekend to begin touring for the season. Wish me luck, going with 9 cruisers and a VFR. Guess who will be in front?

THEN!!! Wild, Wonderful West-by-God Virginia!! WOOOT!

Hey yammy,

Yes, I figured we would run it at STN. This is a must do, for sure. I want to run Pochontas county as much as possible as well.

I'm headin' down to the smokies this weekend to begin touring for the season. Wish me luck, going with 9 cruisers and a VFR. Guess who will be in front?

THEN!!! Wild, Wonderful West-by-God Virginia!! WOOOT!

YEE HAWWWWW!!!!!

BTW, are trunk monkeys allowed? :D

YEE HAWWWWW!!!!!
BTW, are trunk monkeys allowed? :D
I'm Sorry, it's all my fault, :sorry:

I've been encouraging Mark,

We are hooking up the weekend before ST.N, in Boone.

Then heading over to The Gap and Skyway,

Then up to ST.N,

Then on to the Ramble.

He is a little :hyper:

Mind you so am I, :yahoo:

What’s the best way to sedate him?

Chris

BugR- Man, if you only knew how little encouraging Mark really needs!! You guys are going to have a BLAST! Mark, you bringin' safety wire and bungees? :baaasmiley: :baaasmiley:

I was just down in smokies...incredible, but got some rain. What am I saying, it frickin rained every afternoon. At 6,000 feet on the BRP, one hellatious storm came through and nearly blew me off the mountain, literally! Grew some hair on the chest that day.

Also, got a performance reward from Tennessee's finest at the GAP...59 in a 30. First ticket on a bike EVER...but hey at least it was for almost double the limit on the GAP!!

Hey Mike/Yamaholic,

GLAD you survived your ordeal. I hope that it was fun when it WASN'T raining. Did it rain all day long, all afternoon long, or just some every afternoon? That wind on the mountain sounded scary!

Did you go solo or with some other Ohio riders?

Anyways, BugR wants to go about 700 miles/day and head down to the gulf of Mexico before the ST.net meet! :dribble:

j/k :D

Yeah, I'll be bringing the bungies to hold my yellow duffle down. :D You maybe need me to bring some extra for you? :D

Looking forward to the WV Ramble!!

...Oh, and now that you're a LD rider Mike, Smitty has some fun places in MO/AR for you to check out! :yahoo:

Holy shit, you're status is Trunk Monkey! DUDE!!! Say it isn't so!!! :D

Rain was all the way down from Columbus to Pigeon Forge, TN, 3 afternoons and one evening. Rain on the BRP was the worst. Fog, lightning, rain, cold, and yep, all alone. Actually a very rewarding experience once it was said and done. The wind blew me into the grass once, but managed to get by without incident. Thankfully so as the edge of the road to cliffs are only a few feet away.

I went down with 10 riders.. a VFR, me, and 8 cruisers. Didn't see much of the cruisers, they were there to act like riders; I was there to be a rider.

Anyways, BugR wants to go about 700 miles/day and head down to the gulf of Mexico before the ST.net meet! :dribble:
Nothing wrong with that plan :p

What the hell is a "Trunk Monkey"

I'm sharing a room with the guy for 7 nights

Is there something I should know. :lol:

Chris

Trunk monkey - according to yamaholic is one of those little wavy monkey/pets/dolls that CERTAIN Wingers like to put on the back of their bikes.

Used in a sentence..."Y'all are invited to the Ohio Ramble, but NO trunk monkeys are allowed!" :D

What Chris, don't tell me yer gettin' nervous now?! ;) :D

Trunk monkey - according to yamaholic is one of those little wavy monkey/pets/dolls that CERTAIN Wingers like to put on the back of their bikes.
Used in a sentence..."Y'all are invited to the Ohio Ramble, but NO trunk monkeys are allowed!" :D

What Chris, don't tell me yer gettin' nervous now?! ;) :D
Oh that's ok, yes was a little nervous in case you pulled out your 'trunk monkey' . :D

Chris