Which cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a cover and was wondering which brand and size to get. I do have a rear Givi tank.

I have a couple of covers but the one I use most is the Ultralight Bike Cover from Rider Wearhouse. I also have a Givi trunk and you need the large. 123$ and I really like it. It has a small built in pocket for packing. It is small when packed and I take it on all of my trips . The only thing you need to be careful about is it will burn by hot exhaust pipes if you install it right after a ride. You need to wait until the bike is cooled down. I have used mine all of this year and really like it and would buy one again.

Mac

I've been using Tour King half covers for nearly 10 years and 3 bikes. They pack very small, so you will take them with you instead of leaving them behind like a full cover that often fills an entire saddle bag. They are very inexpensive ($40) so you can buy 3 or 4 for the price of one of the fancy brands. My current one is about 5 years old and still going strong, so if it died tomorrow and I replaced it with another, that'd end up as about 15 to 20 years of covers at the price of one of the stretchy ones.

https://www.fjr-tips.org/acc/tk/tk.html shows one with/without a Fastbag installed. They also offer a version for those who have a Yamaha or aftermarket trunk. The St1300 and FJR1300 are the same size cover, so order as such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate to admit it, but I bought the medium price-line cover from JC Whitney about 4 years ago and have used it onh 3 bikes. It will fit an FJR wiith the side bags on, but not sure if it will go over a large trunk.

On the subject of covers, has anyone used the [SIZE=10pt]Dowco Legend Travel Cycle Cover[/SIZE]? I've been eyeing this one but can't seem to get an answer out of Dowco about the sizing.

Dowco Travel Cycle Cover

dowco_legend_travel_cycle_cover.jpg

Try an XL cover from your friendly Walmart. $20. I'm sure it would fit over a trunk.

Bill

I have a number of walmart motorcycle covers that cover motorcycles and bicycles in my garage and you can't beat the price ~ $20. For my FJR I have the very nice Yamaha FJR black canvas cover with the logo on the side. It fits the bike perfectly with a zippered pocket for use with/without trunk. Is well made and should last the life of the bike. I negotiated this as a freebie when buying the bike (I paid for it!). You can check prices with discount at Seattle Motorsports internet site but remember the dealer list being almost $200. I'm sure others listed in this thread would be cheaper and work well. The important thing is to take the time to cover it up. If your looking for one to use on the road a half cover would be nice as this FJR holds the heat for so long its hard to cover until at least a half hour after riding.

I have a number of walmart motorcycle covers that cover motorcycles and bicycles in my garage and you can't beat the price ~ $20. For my FJR I have the very nice Yamaha FJR black canvas cover with the logo on the side. It fits the bike perfectly with a zippered pocket for use with/without trunk. Is well made and should last the life of the bike. I negotiated this as a freebie when buying the bike (I paid for it!). You can check prices with discount at Seattle Motorsports internet site but remember the dealer list being almost $200. I'm sure others listed in this thread would be cheaper and work well. The important thing is to take the time to cover it up. If your looking for one to use on the road a half cover would be nice as this FJR holds the heat for so long its hard to cover until at least a half hour after riding.
Gunny Woof on the Yamaha cover.