Which generation is best?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "Best" FJR?

That would be the very rare, very valuable and VERY collectible 2003/4-version 2.

That's a 2004-ABS (best color) with a 2003 motor (best motor) in it.

IF you can find one (they are VERY, VERY rare), it would look just like this:

fbl11.jpg

ps: Photographic proof that all Gen I owners do NOT look like douche bags.....

Best wishes,

'Howie

Clark_Gable.jpg
OK Guys, before I do this nasty business, I feel I owe it to you to ask for your permission ahead of time!

So, who wants to see the picture of RadioHowie riding Frankenbike in front of his house with his shirt off?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if you have already had your children and don't mind well-roasted chestnuts, then by all means get a Gen I. Otherwise get the cool-running Gen II.

The guy boinking the sheep was checking to see if the chestnuts were still operational,,,,

biknflyfisher

In California we make the Gen II and BMW rider park out of the way on the end of the line. MadMike2 was out of order however.

DeathValleyDay2033crop1.jpg
Uh, by my count there are FOUR and probably FIVE Gen 1's in that pic! and what's that at the end, a Harley???

Only one Gen 2 in that pic - the 2nd best color of all FJR's - behind only the "black is beautiful" versions made in '08 & '09!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK Guys, before I do this nasty business, I feel I owe it to you to ask for your permission ahead of time!

So, who wants to see the picture of RadioHowie riding Frankenbike in front of his house with his shirt off?
Johnny80s does I'm sure!
Actually, johnny80s has that picture tattooed on his back; "prison style"!

Send a Private Message to ShinyPartsUp ASAP and he will e-mail you back a list of Serial Numbers for those French detuned engines; and a descriptive pamphlet on FJR's and Rotella T-6 oil!
The info is free but there is a $99.99 shipping and handling fee.
CONSUMER ALERT! Don't pay this fee. Not a good deal.

You don't know what he was handling before. Ew.

Send a Private Message to ShinyPartsUp ASAP and he will e-mail you back a list of Serial Numbers for those French detuned engines; and a descriptive pamphlet on FJR's and Rotella T-6 oil!
The info is free but there is a $99.99 shipping and handling fee.
CONSUMER ALERT! Don't pay this fee. Not a good deal.

You don't know what he was handling before. Ew.
Well Mike, if this was the "Wheel of Fortune" television show: "I will take Goat for 500 hundred dollars!"