• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Which is the better choice?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...snip...In New Jersey- mileage that low is very common; as we only get, if we're lucky, 8-9 months of riding, and most riders here are recreational not commuters.
peace

Well here in snowsville, IL we get about 6-7 good riding months April to October where you can plan trips. I started strong but slacked off and still had 51K miles on my '04 till some AR pavement rose up an bit me. I had maybe 100 commuter miles on that bike.

My replacement '04 had only 22k. I'm starting to break it in now.

Hope yer able to find a bike that you like mr reverend gumby...you should...as yer so flexible an all.

Last edited by a moderator:
...snip...In New Jersey- mileage that low is very common; as we only get, if we're lucky, 8-9 months of riding, and most riders here are recreational not commuters.
peace

Well here in snowsville, IL we get about 6-7 good riding months April to October where you can plan trips. I started strong but slacked off and still had 51K miles on my '04 till some AR pavement rose up an bit me. I had maybe 100 commuter miles on that bike.

My replacement '04 had only 22k. I'm starting to break it in now.

Hope yer able to find a bike that you like mr reverend gumby...you should...as yer so flexible an all.

Thanks- my heart is with FJR's but my wallet is now considering an '92 Honda ST1100... much cheaper! $2500 (you get what you pay for, i'm sure).

No, there were no pics of the Golden FJR - the guy sold it even before he posted pics. I'm too ambitious with my riding... i already have 3 bikes- trying to sell 2, and then get a sport touring. :blink:

The ST is not a bad bike. It's not an FJR (Nothing is...) but it's still a capable motorcycle. Many of us came from older style Sport Touring bikes (Mine was a C-10 Connie).

Once you have your heart set on an FJR nothing else will "scratch that itch".

Both are good options--you can't go wrong with an FJR but the 06 is parobably an upgrade. There are plenty of good ones out there so go slowly and don't worry about one that got away. Throw your line back in knowing there is still one out there with your name on it.

Well, last weekend i took a 4 hour, 1 way trip to Long Island, NY by trains... and rode home my new '92 Honda ST1100. Paid $2000 even, it was owned by a single, meticulous owner, never dropped, 68 K miles, mint cond. Eventually, I will own an FJR- but for now...

:assassin:

Last edited by a moderator: