Whipped in Winnemucca

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evil_henchman

Reaction score
Ok so I'm driving the cage to Utah last week and I stopped at the TA truck stop on I-80 just west of Winnemucca for gas. The pumps all have "out of order" tags so all us customers are standing around talking when here comes this HD rider with "look at me" loud pipes braaping away. So we all look at him as he turns into the wrong area and realizes his mistake at the last second and jumps his front tire over the curb in a frantic effort to make a u-turn, feet flailing everywhere. He finally makes it almost to the gas pump and he kills it (insufficent braaping no doubt). We're all staring in stunned silence at this point as he straddle walks his shiny new bike the last 10 feet to the pump. At the pump he get's off, removes his helmet, opens up his luggage and has stuff piled on the bike before he notices the "out of order" tag. Now he's really pissed and making a show of it, stomping and huffing. So he jumps back on his bike, starts it and tries to make a u-turn to the other pump island. But he doesn't quite make it. The bike stalls mid u-turn and starts a slow motion tip over. So there he was still straddling the bike and hanging on for dear life as one of the spectators runs over to help him stand it up. Meanwhile his helmet and all the stuff he pulled out of his luggage is all over the ground. Most of the spectators were looking away and trying to hide smiles but I was laughing out loud at this point. Now this really isn't meant to be a HD bashing thread, this guy clearly had no business on any bike and would probably have put on the same show riding a Vespa. But the fact that he did ride a HD with loud assed pipes and had HD emblems on all his leather luggage, his assless chaps, his leather vest, his T-shirt, his head scarf, and I'm sure on his socks and undies, made it hard to ignore that hey, this guy's really into the HD thing :lol: And he made such a show of trying to look like a bad ass with all of his obviously brand new gear. What a poster boy! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is awesome ... wish you had video to capture the moment. I guess I enjoy seeing a HD rider embarASS himself on behalf of numerous HD riders that are to cool to return a friendly wave out on the road. :bye2:

Personally I like Harley's, and lots of the people that ride them. Its not that Harley riders are jerks, its that the jerks involved in motorcycling are attracted to Harleys. I think that everybody that rides something beside a HD should give HD a big thanks for that, without HD that guy might be on this forum.

Personally I like Harley's, and lots of the people that ride them. Its not that Harley riders are jerks, its that the jerks involved in motorcycling are attracted to Harleys. I think that everybody that rides something beside a HD should give HD a big thanks for that, without HD that guy might be on this forum.

That is one excellent statement...we have our flypaper...