Who has a line on fresh HOT MEAT?!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
That is to say.... fresh rubber meat, you pervs! :lol:

Forum members are always buying fresh tires, so someone here probably has a line on a killer price/sale that's happening right now.

I am headed to World Superbike races in SLC with daughter Lauryn at the end of the month. The Storms on the FJR are already past wear bars at 6300 miles; it will never make it to SLC and back, so it's not a candidate. Going to have to take the Hayabusa, and sadly, the rear Storm on that bike is close to indicator bands itself. It will undoubtedly be close to showing cords by the time we get back.

So who knows of current sale/special going on...? :D

I suppose I can always go the old tried-n-true route of SWMotoTires.com, but... if someone knows of some particularly killer pricing on Avon Storms, Pilot Roads or Pilot Roads 2, I am all ears.....
ear.gif

I'm not sure it's the absolute best deal around, but from the searching I did, I went with BikeBandit. I ordered a set of PR2's for the FJR last Friday (about $290 including B spec rear), but it seems the front might be on back order. The shipping confirmation I got on Monday only showed the rear on its way and said the rest of the order would ship separately. Haven't checked for an update since then.

For the last couple years I have been using Motorcycle Super Store. The prices are as good as most and they have fast free freight.

I'm not sure it's the absolute best deal around, but from the searching I did, I went with BikeBandit. I ordered a set of PR2's for the FJR last Friday (about $290 including B spec rear), but it seems the front might be on back order. The shipping confirmation I got on Monday only showed the rear on its way and said the rest of the order would ship separately. Haven't checked for an update since then.
+1 on BikeBandit. I'm on their mailing list, and they have "Tuesday Tire" deals that have pretty good prices on a variety of brands. I think it's worth it to subscribe to their e-mail mailing list, as well as Motorcycle Supterstore's.

Sportbiketrackgear.com

I just bought PR2's $296.00 But they have some really good pricing on other brands.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to be a huge fan of SW Moto Tires. Their prices and service (shipping speed) couldn't be beat. But then something happened. They branched out into a full-line parts dealer and their tire prices increased quite significantly, so I started shopping elsewhere.

My last several tire purchases have been from SportTour.com. I compared tire prices for my FJR, YZF, and R1100RT, and SportTour generally beat SWMoto by a good margin. I noticed that the Avons tend to cost bit more than Michelins for either vendor. I run Avon Storms on the YZF and R1100RT, PR2s on the FJR.

Right now a set of Storm 2 Ultras for the FJR is $296 at SportTour (no shipping/tax); the same set at SWMoto is $298 (also no shipping or tax).

Where's Iggy with his search welfare commentary? :p

SWMotoTire changed ownership several years back and hasn't been the same since. You have to shop around. Best deal constantly changes.

If low price and value are on top of the priority list you might want to 'sniff' around the forum for some recent discussions on the Bridgestone 023 GT spec. Gets good reviews and I believe I saw some fairly recent claims of pricing for a set in the $220 range.

I just spooned on my first set today for this weekend's 'mayhem in the Nevada desert' so I can't give you any first-hand experience with this tire. Yet. Talk to me Monday when I'll have about 2800 miles on them. ;)

I just ordered a set of PR3s from SportBikeTrackGear for $294 delivered. Pretty much the same price from Revzilla.

I got my last two tires from these guys: https://www.sporttour.com/default.asp

I rode down there to buy the front and check them out, nice guys and they gave me a discount because they didn't have to ship it (kinda impractical for you). I ordered the rear two days ago because I picked up my second nail somewhere on the Ramble ride and it's already here. I'll buy more from them.

Competition Accessories includes free shipping

PR2's $262.98

PR3's are $298.44

Bridgestone BT-023's $246.98

Avon Storm 2 Ultra's $339

Motorcycle Superstore includes free shipping

PR2's $282.98

PR3's $312.98

Bridgestone BT-023's $228.98

Avon Storm 2 Ultra's $321.98

Update

Bike Bandit includes free shipping

PR3's $292.05

Avon Storm 2 Ultra's $319.48

more expensive than CA or MS on the Bridgestones and PR2's.

Revzilla is a bit more expensive than the cheapest prices above as it has free shipping but adds a $10 surcharge.

Net - Comp Accessories is cheaper for Michelin PR2's. Bike Bandit is cheapest for PR3's and Avon Storm Ultra's. Motorcycle Superstore is cheapest for the Bridgestone BT-023's.

I'm now officially done doing your tire shopping for the evening. :lol:

Thanks for all the incredible useful replies (except for that fucking Patriot guy). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Due to the unusually brutal fiscal austerity I find myself in nowadays, I've had to resort to playing the unfortunate but necessary "2-to-1" game for bike tires... one front tire for every two rear tires. :(

So... a new rear Avon Storm Ultra II for each bike, total of $321, delivered. Not too terribly shabby - I just gotta make the front ones go the distance. Fortunately, both front Storms on each bike are still in excellent shape.

I got my last two tires from these guys: https://www.sporttour.com/default.asp
Strangely, the same two rear tires where $341.90 from sporttour.com, so.... swmototire.com won the purchase. This time.

Jake Wilson every day price, frt paid on $100, no other fees. 3 day delivery

PR 223; PR2 w/ B back 294; PR3 w/ B back 323 BT023 235 & Avon Storm 2 310

I just buy from them as their price is very fair, tires in stock & 3 day delivery, why waste

time looking for cheapest ???