Who has a line on fresh HOT MEAT?!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Competition Accessories includes free shipping

PR3's are $298.44

Update

Bike Bandit includes free shipping

PR3's $292.05

Net - Comp Accessories is cheaper for Michelin PR2's. Bike Bandit is cheapest for PR3's and Avon Storm Ultra's. Motorcycle Superstore is cheapest for the Bridgestone BT-023's.

I'm now officially done doing your tire shopping for the evening. :lol:
When I tried Bike Bandit...they wanted $8.95 in shipping for the PR3's....so they were about 3 bucks more than Competition Accessories. I couldn't find anything semi-obvious for free shipping....so I went with the latter at $298.44.

For future reference, Bike Bandit had a killer Cyber Monday (Monday after Thanksgiving) sale last year. I managed to get a set of Bridgestone 023 GTs for $181 shipped (they offered free shipping as part of the sale).

Imagine my disappointment when I opened this and it was about tires... :huh:

If you happen to have an AMA membership, you can get 10% off your order at Bike Bandit. Got a set of PR2's shipped for $246 last month.

Just resurrecting this thread-post, as I just ordered a set here. This is a killer deal on a good set of tires for the FJR--they still have them at above-listed price with free shipping, and it is the GT model. On Chaparral's website they ring in at $233.76 for the set, so the e-bay deal is better. Plus, their reviewer gives the FJR top billing in his comments!

Here's a super deal: 023GT's pair for $217.97 with free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/...ssories&vxp=mtr
Just resurrecting this thread-post, as I just ordered a set here. This is a killer deal on a good set of tires for the FJR--they still have them at above-listed price with free shipping, and it is the GT model. On Chaparral's website they ring in at $233.76 for the set, so the e-bay deal is better. Plus, their reviewer gives the FJR top billing in his comments!

Dude, you'll need it! I got 3k out of my front and 4500 out of the rear. They do handle very well, all the way to the edge. Nice and sticky but practically leave tracks they wear so fast.

Here's a super deal: 023GT's pair for $217.97 with free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/...ssories&vxp=mtr

I've got 5K on a set of 023GTs and they are about half gone. Both still have nice round profiles, no cupping on the front and have a great feel.

Tire wear is all about how and where you ride...your NC roads [and RT wrist] are sure hard on tires though! :)

--G

Been a looooong time since I crawled out from under a rock around here..... glad to see nothing's changed. ;)

I just ordered a set of Storm 2 Ultras from Amazon for $330. Advantage for me: free 2-day shipping as a Prime member. Been nervous about Avon's after having belt failure with an original Storm on my front tire--I found out later there was a problem with the front tires so could likely trade it in, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Tried several brands, last was a set of Pilot Power CT2's. Absolutely hated them, poor grip in wet, spun out a few times in dry but being a cheap bastard I ran them to a point I could feel comfortable that I got most of my money out of them. Looking around again, I was tempted by the BT023's, but I've always been happy with Avons and I loved the storm until the belt failed. We'll see how they go, taking a 5000+ mile trip next month.

BTW, nice to see ya'll again. :)

Bringing up a long lost thread with some tire price updates. I'm in the market so.....

Twisted Throttle has a set of Avon Storm 2 Ultras for $234.03, which is the cheapest I've ever seen them. I liked the pair I had a lot--I only bought them b/c of a $50 rebate Avon had, but still paid more than that.

Competition Accessories has the new Dunlop RS 2 for $232 for a set. Reviews seem not so great on these....

Chaparral has 'stone BT 023 Gt's for about that same price for a set--$230-235....

I also found PR2's for $240 w/free shipping, which I may order. Never tried that one yet, but it seems like a few people like them. The Kool Aid of JFR tires... :p

I just drank the Kool Aid.

PR2s for $240 w/free shipping at this place...

https://myworld.ebay.com/rtvtires?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

After several sets of my favorite BT023GT's and the Avons I liked a lot, these better make me happy!

Planning a big slog across the Midwest and back across the Canadian prairie in the the spring so I hope the mileage is all it's hyped up to be. We shall see....

Sure seems like finding a decent tire is hard these days. PR2s are the only tire I've ever taken off before they were worn out. Handling was okay, but the ride was the harshest I've ever experienced. Running a RSII on the front right now, just put it on, first impression was it doesn't turn in as well as I'd like and needs a little counter-steer to maintain a line in a turn. As far as prices, Rocky Mountain ATV is where I've been buying all mine lately. Same owners I think as Jake Wilson.

After several sets of my favorite BT023GT's and the Avons I liked a lot, these better make me happy!

Planning a big slog across the Midwest and back across the Canadian prairie in the the spring so I hope the mileage is all it's hyped up to be. We shall see....
Wow. That's an excellent price for those tires. I don't think you will like the PR2s as much as the 023s in the handling/ride department but the PR2s should last 30-50% longer. Though the PR2s handling/ride quality deteriorates rapidly the last 20-30% of their life. I tend to run 023s these days, but if I had a lot of slab and travelling to do, I wouldn't hesitate putting PR2s back on. Especially for that price.

Wow. That's an excellent price for those tires. I don't think you will like the PR2s as much as the 023s in the handling/ride department but the PR2s should last 30-50% longer. Though the PR2s handling/ride quality deteriorates rapidly the last 20-30% of their life. I tend to run 023s these days, but if I had a lot of slab and travelling to do, I wouldn't hesitate putting PR2s back on. Especially for that price.
I'm interested to see how they feel. I don't usually start pushing the corners much until really late in the spring anyway b/c of all the sand they lay down on the mountain passes, so I'm thinking of a big superslab ride just for the hell of it when the weather breaks....in about April :glare:

That deal on the Avons at Twisted Throttle is really good too.

Last edited by a moderator: