Who sells the V-Strom handguard kit with fasteners?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Hoss

Reaction score
I'm sure I read a while back that some vendor on this forum was selling the handguards complete with the necessary fasteners. I thought it was FJRGoodies.com but didn't see them listed there. Thanks.

The link is very helpful. Does anyone know if the 04 hand guards will work with Throttlemeister?
I've heard that it will. I avoided the issue by cutting off the part that attaches to the ends of the bars, effectively creating the old style handguards. It was probably unnecessary, but I was so pleased with how my throttlemeister worked that I didn't want to mess with it.

Like this:

handguard3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard that it will. I avoided the issue by cutting off the part that attaches to the ends of the bars, effectively creating the old style handguards. It was probably unnecessary, but I was so pleased with how my throttlemeister worked that I didn't want to mess with it.
Thanks, Squeezer. After 5 years of Winter use my "old style" are starting to crack at the mounting bolt hole. I really didn't want the "new" style and now I know I can just trim them.

Hi,

I have ordered them from a local Dutch Suzukidealership for the total of € 39,00 incl. all the attachment hardware.

I don't know what they cost in the States or Canada but overhere its considered to be a bargain.

Fits great and no cold fingers anymore.

See ya,

Fishmore

Charlie, I've been planning the same until recently. Seen pics of BMW R1150 handguards with good reviews. Can anyone offer their input on the Beemer version? Thanks.

Charlie, I've been planning the same until recently. Seen pics of BMW R1150 handguards with good reviews. Can anyone offer their input on the Beemer version? Thanks.
Sully,

I saw something the other night on the Beemer versions when I Googled "handguards:fjrforum.com".

Thanks for all the replies. I'll call FJR Goodies.

I would call Glen Todd at (509) 837-4438 and ask him...he should have answers for ya
I just called and placed an order with them. Above phone # doesn't work, new # is 509-786-2383. They said the handguard kit has everything necessary to install on FJRs. Price is $59.95 plus a few bucks for shipping, total $67.13 to Maine.

Thanks everybody,

Charlie

I would call Glen Todd at (509) 837-4438 and ask him...he should have answers for ya
I just called and placed an order with them. Above phone # doesn't work, new # is 509-786-2383. They said the handguard kit has everything necessary to install on FJRs. Price is $59.95 plus a few bucks for shipping, total $67.13 to Maine.

Thanks everybody,

Charlie
Thats a good price if it has the hardware needed to adapt to the FJR. The 2 lever bolts needed alone can cost $35.

I bought the handguards from my local suzuki dealer for about $40 and then made the mounting hardware and spacers for about $5-6 total after finding out that the proper hardware from suzuki would run me another $50 or so. I used a 40mm M6x1.00 bolt, a nylon spacer (1/4" length x 1/2" O.D. x.257" I.D.), and a coupling nut (M6 x 1.00). I put the spacer over the bolt with a washer and then threaded it in from the underside of the lever bracket. I used a short length of 5/16" brake line for the pivot and then put the coupling nut on the top and tighten it down without pinching the lever. Then all you need is to put the handguard on and line it up and put a short (12mm or less) M6 x1.00 fastener in from the top. I used another flanged nylon spacer (3/8" screw I.D.-.380, Shank O.D. .556", Shank length- .250", Flange diameter .980") to keep the grips from rubbing on the guards. It fits nicely and was easy enough to put together and will allow me to take them off easily in the summer.

SDC10238.jpg

I bought the handguards and additional parts suggested on the forum but where the hanguard wraps around the throttle side it causes the throttle to stick after tightening the bar end. I have these on my V-strom and there was a spacer the guard attached to in addition to longer bar end bolts. Did anyone run into this problem also?

I bought the handguards and additional parts suggested on the forum but where the hanguard wraps around the throttle side it causes the throttle to stick after tightening the bar end. I have these on my V-strom and there was a spacer the guard attached to in addition to longer bar end bolts. Did anyone run into this problem also?
Yeah. I went to my local Ace Hardware and shopped through different bushings until I found a combination that works. I don't remember exactly "what" I bought....it works for me.

Latest posts