Who's got the most miles on their FJR??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR1300Jeff

Reaction score
do you guys have on your bikes. I just hit 12500 miles on my '05 and the bike runs great. My buddy has 33000 on his '05 and it runs great also. No problems to speak of.

I was thinking that as much as I like this bike and all the extras I have on it. I'm planning on keeping it a long, long time. I have the extended warranty so I'm not worried for a few years.

I was wondering you guys that have the 03's, and '04's how many miles do you have, what if any problems have you run into??

Thanks

The Limeys have many bouncing off the 100,000 mile mark, not an uncommon occurence there in any mark.

An '05, had 4 months, 7500 miles.

Problems?, We don't got no stinkin' problems!

Who cares :D

Anyway I got mine in July and stopped everyday riding somewhere in November here in Maryland for weather. Have had it out once or twice but nothing to ready add miles.

I have in the 7000 mile range, not sure exactly.

I ride it everyday to and from work so in good weather I put 500 a week on it.

On my Vstar that I had for 5 years I only put 11000 on it so I imagine I will beat that within my first 2 months come good weather. :D

'04- 22,000 miles and officially a ticker. Also tough on rear tires. 
Sorry to hear that dreaded ticker problem...........Man you are not kidding about the rear tire....I went through my first tire before 5000 miles and the second one at 6000.

Maybe its my hard starts and wheelies?? :unsure:

In general Yamaha's will run right up to 100,000 and over without any problems. I have had two Star bikes since 96 and have put 100,000 on each of them and expect to do the same with my 06 Feejer.

What I usually do is buy a Yamaha, get the 5-year warranty and try and put 20,000 miles on it a year. As far Feejers, they will start popping up around the country in 07 or 08 with 90 to 100,000 miles on them.

It's funny that my 97 Royal had some pitting chrome on it at about 70,000 miles and I just had them give me some more for free. Unlimited means Unlimited and that's why I won't even give the ticking thingee any thought at all.

I would suggest consulting The FJR Registry and adding your own information and updating. Much more comprehensive than hits you'll get here. Plus, there's gobs of other info. there.

23,000 on my '05 and still going.

Only 23,000 on my '05. Sorry, but I post too much, otherwise I'd be up there with George. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
62k on my '01 FJR. I would have more, but two deployments kind of put a kink in the plans. So... 4.5 year-old JFR with 1.5 years in the sandbox = 3 years and 62k miles. Not bad, I guess.

Only 23,000 on my '05. Sorry, but I post too much, otherwise I'd be up there with George. :blink:
My 05 has almost 17 thou on it-with slightly more than half the season you have to do it in. So quit with the snow jokes ya shit-if I lived near you, besides arson rates going up I'd be riding double the time you seem to. :D

Jeez I'm almost afraid to say how many miles on my 04, :unsure: think maybe brundog has less so here goes :erm:

Hey, I bought it used last summer (june) I put 4200 on it :bleh:

No dog piles I'm tryin'

:jester:

Only 23,000 on my '05.  Sorry, but I post too much, otherwise I'd be up there with George. :blink:
My 05 has almost 17 thou on it-with slightly more than half the season you have to do it in. So quit with the snow jokes ya shit-if I lived near you, besides arson rates going up I'd be riding double the time you seem to. :D
17,000, eh? How many laps around your basement is that? :****:

Only 2500 on my 05 and no problems whatsoever (except my expenditures on farkles....). Aim to at least triple that number in 06 :rolleyes: Jay

Latest posts