Who's got the most miles on their FJR??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'll easily be past 100K this year with all the rally scouting and planned rides.

But I pick up a brand new 2005 R1 next week, so who knows how the mileage will pile up.

And SkooterG, I may be slacking in your book, but those are 62K+ CRASH FREE miles in 15 months. Never even been dropped.

Oh yea, I'm just waiting for your comeback. :D

I have a hang gliding buddy who bought an 03' new, has less then 3.5K on it.

Now THAT'S a goddamn shame.

It's also the cleanest bike I've ever seen. Hmmmmmmm.

GZ

And SkooterG, I may be slacking in your book, but those are 62K+ CRASH FREE miles in 15 months. Never even been dropped.
Ooooh, dude! That was so cold! Funny as hell, but cold! :haha:

Last edited by a moderator:
'04, just turned 10,000 miles yesterday, still on the original Bridgestones but it's time for some new meats.  (just barely to the wearbars on the front and rear; moderate to servere cupping on the front)  Pretty sure Avons next.
Send those tires to SkooterG, he should be able to get another 5K out of them. Rumor has it that he runs them until the air shows! Er, uhm, so I've heard. :dribble:

I've got "0" miles on the 06. But with all this waitin, feels like I rode a million. Hurry up will ya......PM. <>< :blink:

I've got "0" miles on the 06. But with all this waitin, feels like I rode a million. Hurry up will ya......PM. <>< 
:huh:
I know the feeling...I waited for 6 months for my '05. All I can say is its worth the wait.

I know its a painful question but when do you expect your baby will be in? Where are you getting it at D&H?

'05 with just over 20K.

Bought new in 06/05.

Developed "tick" this year at 16K.

Dealer fixed without argument, all costs covered by Yamaha. :D

I have a hang gliding buddy who bought an 03' new, has less then 3.5K on it.
Now THAT'S a goddamn shame.

It's also the cleanest bike I've ever seen. Hmmmmmmm.

GZ
My 03 only had 2600 on it when I bought it last year. It's up to about 11,250 after my ride today. From what I understand the previous owner has a LOT of different bikes though so that might explain the low milage. Kinda like being wife number 152 in the harrem of the sheik...so many to choose from. :dribble:

Ray

110k currently on my 04. It's presently at the dealer having some minor surgery done under the Y.E.S. extended warranty, but that's for another thread............. ;)

But I am the low mileage loser around here. I knowse a guy who nowse a guy, who..............has 115k on his 03. He doesn't really frequent this forum.

And then there is board member Toolman. He beat me to 100k on his 03. I imagine he may be in the 110-115k range now. Paging Ron..............

The last time I saw Mr. Iron Maiden AKA Big Stinky he had over 100,000 miles on his 03.

My 03 will have around 60k by the time I get to WFO.

Just went to the registry out of curiosity, and sorting by mileage I'm 14th(!!) at 41,600 miles. It's not my miles, though, except almost a thousand since buying it, riding to work and a couple of weekend day rides.

88000k miles as of 19 Aug 05.
Dang... I'm out... 88000K miles on an '03...

lemessee here.... that's 17.6 Million miles each year for 5 years.

...That's 2,007.76 MPH consistently for 24 hours a day, 365.25 days a year for 5 years....

Mine won't go that fast. Maybe I need to get new pipes or something.