Why did you/they sell the FJR 1300?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The question here should be: "Why does anyone buy a Corvette, Viper or even a Ferrari?"
CK
Because we can? :yahoo:
+1

Back on topic. I like my FJR and couldn't dream of parting with it at this point, but I wouldn't be satisfied with it as my only bike. I occasionallly like to do track days and flick a light-weight sportbike around on the back roads. The FJR can't scratch that itch for me.

The question here should be: "Why does anyone buy a Corvette, Viper or even a Ferrari?"
CK
Because we can? :yahoo:
+1

Back on topic. I like my FJR and couldn't dream of parting with it at this point, but I wouldn't be satisfied with it as my only bike. I occasionallly like to do track days and flick a light-weight sportbike around on the back roads. The FJR can't scratch that itch for me.
That's what would make the FJR and a 919 a great combo. The 919 isn't as flickable as say an r6, but it will certainly hold it's own. It may be heavier, but it sure doesn't feel like it once its moving.

The only reason I got rid of the 919, was I was tired of fighting the wind on longer trips, but that was prior to convincing the wife I need 2 bikes.

The PO of mine had previously owned lots of bikes and bought it for riding with his wife. She wouldn't ride on it with him so he bought a Wing, and I got my 07 with 3500 miles for 10,800.

Worked out well for me :D

A lot of people buy a bike (or bass boat, jet ski, etc) and lose interest after a few months. It sits in the garage until they finally sell it. These are great to buy used especially if the guy needs money to buy whatever latest thing has taken his fancy.

I finally passed the 600 mile mark on my 07 fjr. I'm still in love with it except for the exhaust sound, stock seat, and clunky tranny. Everytime I park it in public it never fails people stop and look. Yesterday about 5 teenage boys stopped and looked, pointed, drooling, and dreaming. Of course I like to ride with the bags off for the sport look.

In a few emergency braking and accelerating moments it has performed very well. I like how it's nimble for a 1300cc 625 lb bike.

When I tell people it's a 1300 they don't believe me. Yesterday I showed my friend for the first time my new bike. He can't believe there is such a bike as the fjr.

Perhaps the general populace think in only four sets of bikes: cruisers, sportsters, dirt, and wings. But there are bikes that cross and mix these groups as well as other specialized groups. What about the Boss Hog with it's Chevy powerplant... is this a chopper or an Impala? What about Beemer's enduro bikes that can go around the world but don't fit into a mainstream category?

I know more about life than bikes so thus my rav here is centered around one's pyschological point of view. My take is if you can afford a bike, can ride so you or others aren't put in danger, not use it to neglect your family, AND don't judge other bikers for what they ride then get whatever you want: Fjr, Hayabusa, Road King, Boss Hoss, or Jesse James custom.

Most of us can't afford but one bike. Many here on this forum share the same wants and needs on a bike and thus the FJR is a great fit. The Fjr has it's "unpleasantries" as I call them, but it also has a boatload of yahoos and smiles.

I enjoyed riding yesterday on 285 between Denver and Fairplay. Saw another biker who made my day... on an old chopped harley riding with no helmet and enjoying life. He gave me this friendly smile and wave which translated meant "just ride dude, just ride".

Whatever you get just ride it and enjoy life.

There are tons of reasons why people sell perfectly fine vehicles; many of those reasons are unfortunate ones, but some are just upgrading or changing bikes for one reason or another.

SR-71

Latest posts