Why is the value of the FJR....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buy ANY bike new, ride it for less than a year then try and sell it and YES, you're going to take a huge hit. That phenomenon is not exclusive to the FJR. No different than a new car: the second you drive it off the lot the depreciation hit is staggering....and that's in a healthy economy, which this isn't. Me thinks the real problem might be your perception of what a "fair" price is in this sucky economy.

Last edited by a moderator:
snif snif

If it sounds like a troll

It it kicks up something that'll be flammable and then doesn't participate...

If it looks like a troll...

FJR's aren't for everyone, at least not for you. I wouldn't expect better results at the price your asking either. You can pick up a brand new "Ugly Black" 09 for a little more then your asking anyway. Now if you were talking an 07 "Black Cherry" you would have better results, as they are in demand! :yahoo: Like they said, just try selling a POS connie right now and see what you get. Zero response, thats what. Now get the hell outa here, you bug me.

Then why did you feel the need to respond? Your response is not necessary. Stay out of my space friend!

FJR's aren't for everyone, at least not for you. I wouldn't expect better results at the price your asking either. You can pick up a brand new "Ugly Black" 09 for a little more then your asking anyway. Now if you were talking an 07 "Black Cherry" you would have better results, as they are in demand! :yahoo: Like they said, just try selling a POS connie right now and see what you get. Zero response, thats what. Now get the hell outa here, you bug me.

Then why did you feel the need to respond? Your response is not necessary. Stay out of my space friend!
Nevermind him...he's an ASS to everyone!!!

Just consider youself lucky he didn't drop a bunch of names on you.

Then tell you what his so called friends thought about your bike.

Back on topic.

If you do some shopping you can find a really good price, then if you DO have to sell you may (and heavy on the MAY) not take so much of a raping when trying to sell.

Then there is that economy thing that everyone is talking about.

Go to the Yamaha Euro/France site and see what bikes are retailing for across the water. Actually makes a Canadian who feels he's getting ripped @ $20 big/Fjr a bit better. I was over to France last year talking with similarly employed tech's/welders/fitters and their wadges convert back closely to Can$ per week yet a Feejer over there is at/about 16,800 euro right now. You'r cool over there riding a scooter with a givi 46 on top.

-Don

Oops. Sorry, posted after reading only the first page and not realising that the shit storm had begun. Gotta sell tickets and get these three in a padded room some day. And let Bust hold the shock therapy button.

What a bunch......ahhhh ....getting to feel like home.

-Don

snif snif If it sounds like a troll

Dude, I couldn't agree more.

Makes me wonder -- ah_starr = starcruiser = downn2 ???

I'm just sayin'. Do ya smell it too?

snif snif If it sounds like a troll

Dude, I couldn't agree more.

Makes me wonder -- ah_starr = starcruiser = downn2 ???

I'm just sayin'. Do ya smell it too?
I kinda wondered, but if it is...he's on better meds these days.....or a well disciplined VC.

But, feel free to carry on with the FJRForum.com indoctrination and troll detection processs. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I kinda wondered, but if it is...he's on better meds these days.....or a well disciplined VC.
But, feel free to carry on with the FJRForum.com indoctrination and troll detection processs. ;)
It's not just the odor of the post....it's sentence structure, and the DFW location in the profile.

I wonder if ah_starr can shift his Feej 55 times a second? :ph34r:

[SIZE=8pt](that bring up memories for you older farts?)[/SIZE]

If the FJR is such a great bike and everyone who has one or ever had one or always wants to go back to get another one...then why in the hell are they so cheap to buy and hard as F*&% to get a fair price when trying to sell? I don't get it...makes me think the $$$ spent isn't worth it or that Yamaha makes a crappy bike!!! The bike speaks for itself for those of us who own 'em, but getting raped on the market hurts, especially when you can't get a kiss first!
Maybe you would like to come by the little grocerie next to my house where there are 3 Hardleys up for sale. JUST SAYIN!

Mine is going to be real cheap when I'm done with it, between the 60K miles more I plan to put on it, the fact that my damn tank bag will have scratched the tank down to bare metal (thanks OGIO, nice job), my boots wearing off the metal and plastic any place near the pegs, the holes I cut in the front of the fairing to vent me in summer (covered with elegant duct tape in the winter), and the tiny nicks and dings caused by normal road debris and my one tip over in the garage because the side stand wasn't quite down. So, it's good they ain't worth much used because i'm using the hell out of mine!
Amen brother.. These bikes are not for preserving - they are for riding, wearing out and then selling so you can get a new one.

It's not just the odor of the post....it's sentence structure, and the DFW location in the profile.

I wonder if ah_starr can shift his Feej 55 times a second? :ph34r:

[SIZE=8pt](that bring up memories for you older farts?)[/SIZE]
I kinda smell an fjr engine burning up.....it don't smell "troll" like. :unsure: