Why not to remove the peg feelers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowfax

Reaction score
peg.jpg

The first 3 years that I had my FJR I lived in the foothills east of Sacramento, CA. I used to wear out a set of those with every set of tires. More than once I had to by new pegs as well. Now I live in the Puget Sound area and most of my riding is on city streets and highways. Chicken Strips here I come!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have the rest of that picture? Just curious. I haven't touched down a peg since I took the Lee Parks clinic. Maybe I need to go faster.

Do you have the rest of that picture? Just curious. I haven't touched down a peg since I took the Lee Parks clinic. Maybe I need to go faster.

Not the exact same pic, that is home on a CD.

fjratra.jpg
Make that your avatar! SCHAWEET!

You guys that are scraping through your feelers and getting your pipes are BAD MAMAJAMMA's! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

i love my wife, but i just took her last modeling cover shot off my screen and put THIS on as my wallpaper. gnarly shot. thanks,
Of course, it's only fair now that you send Sadowfax a picture of your wife for his wallpaper. :haha:

i love my wife, but i just took her last modeling cover shot off my screen and put THIS on as my wallpaper. gnarly shot. thanks,
Of course, it's only fair now that you send Sadowfax a picture of your wife for his wallpaper. :haha:
That's funny, I thought the same thing but didn't want to be the first to say it :clapping:

Geez...I was practicing in an open parking lot, trying to get used to scraping the pegs. So that when it happend I wouldn't freak out. BUT I didn't realize there was only that much space before the muffler hit.

How much room would you say you have left after scarping your pegs...before you hit some hardware that causes a spill??

put THIS on as my wallpaper. gnarly shot. thanks,

shu
The original is 3504x2336 and 4MB if anyone wants to do a little creative editing and put themselves in there.

All thanks can be directed to CLASS and Ian (the photog)

Link to Original
Taking Pridmore's CLASS in October at Barber Motorsports Park. Originally, I was going to take it on my Goldwing. I think I will have more fun on the Feej. Can't wait!

The first 3 years that I had my FJR I lived in the foothills east of Sacramento, CA. I used to wear out a set of those with every set of tires. More than once I had to by new pegs as well. Now I live in the Puget Sound area and most of my riding is on city streets and highways. Chicken Strips here I come!!
I'm not sure if you remember that Zac and I approached you at the gas station in Forrest Hill and I told you I was considering buying an FJR. Your tires were madly abused! That was the first time I've seen rubber than rolled on anything but a track bike. I know you know the roads up there well!

If I remember correctly, you are a military recruiter, or were one. Well, your conversation with me was part of my decision to get my 05! Thanks!!!

Now do it with 2! lol
FJR8.jpg

FJR6.jpg
That's when I scrape the most! I guess the extra weight just gets the bike lower :)

Latest posts