Wich heated gloves ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any comments on which heated gloves have the best crash protection? I hear a lot about the Widders but like Ignacio said, they look like ski gloves.

I'm thinking an over sized high protection glove with heated liners might be the best route to combine warmth and protection.

i was checking out and eventually bought gerbings. a sales guy showed me a set of gerbings that had hard protection. he said they are new. cant remember the model.

i like my gloves but love the jacket liner. i bought size xl (snug at first)they break in quickly. should have gotten large.

the heat transfers best when snug to the skin.

Okay one more question....

Are the coax connections for heated clothing compatible so I can mix and match manufacturers? I'm looking at 2 or 3 different vendors for a heat-troller, jacket liner and gloves or glove liner.

Are the coax connections for heated clothing compatible so I can mix and match manufacturers? I'm looking at 2 or 3 different vendors for a heat-troller, jacket liner and gloves or glove liner.
Yes, all heated gear with coax connectors are compatible. That rules out Widder but I think all others will mix and match.

Yes, all heated gear with coax connectors are compatible. That rules out Widder but I think all others will mix and match.
Widder sells adaptor cords that will allow the use of other products with theirs. Each cord costs around $5.50 or something like that.

I have a Gerbing permanent Heat-Controller with a coaxal connector installed on my 2006. With the Widder adaptor, I can use my Widder vest or my Gerbing Jacket liner.

While I really enjoy the heat of my Gerbing Jacket Liner and "double-wired" gloves... I do prefer the much smaller power draw of the Widder stuff when riding my FJR or my CBR1100XX

Still waiting to try my gerbing gloves with electricity instead of just on my hands. I don't know about anyone else but they seem to run smaller than normal gloves. I had to send the first pair back. According to the web page I needed a 2XL. 3XL did the job. Now I'm waiting for the cable so I can power my jacket and gloves at the same time. For some reason the gloves don't work with the jacket even though they are plugged into the sleeves. They said I needed a "Y" cable which they are sending. That allows the jacket and gloves to work together with a single temperature controller. Better be here by Sunday or I'll be one unhappy camper. :angry:

In Gerbings, look at the Snowmobile Gloves. Amazing suppleness and protection. The wires come out outside the gauntlet instead of inside. Plus they come with a 12V socket cord with an on/off switch, AND a twin coiled cord into one, as well as the battery cord.

click

I have the heated liners and heated gloves are the only way to go when the temps go under 40. Because of the bulk of double gloving (heated liners under regular gloves), I keep looking at the regular heated gloves and now Gerbing has three options. Anybody have experience in actually comparing the Classic, G3, and Snowmobile?

Gerbings have a battery pack glove which would be perfect since I hate the idea of wires...but they don't recommend them for MC. Now if they could be persuaded to make a leather battery pack glove!!! So the quest continues.

Cary

I have the Gerbings Snowmobile Gloves. Wind proof and water proof, great gauntlet to cover your sleeves. Toasty warm. They have the same elements in them as the G3. Depends if you want leather. noticeable heat with gerbings.

Slight diversion from gloves, but what's up with the widder arm chaps? Does anyone have these? Looks like the best way to connect gloves to vest, but....