Wifes view of the FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As my wife is a writer she loves to turn everything into a written saga (from her point of view of course). Case in point is my recent purchase of my FJR. Thought the group might enjoy the humor.
kwik goblin humor blog :D

jack of all trades, master of none

There's more.

When we are not meta-biking, some of us are meta-gun shooting.

Like at this site:

www.hornetproducts.com

SilverStreak

fjr_1300ae.jpg

can’t be sure, but I think meta-biking-or any meta-hobby, for that matter-is a guy thing. I’ve never seen a woman indulge such a fanaticism about something like quilting. Or cooking. Or child-rearing.
C'Kid, do you want my wife to contact your wife about horses? :glare: Horses suck up more money and time than a motorcycle ever could. Horses and money are mutually exclusive. Members of this Forum take a weekend or two a year to go to EOM or WFO whereas horses have trials and shows EVERY friggin weekend. Friday evenings are spent prepping the horse until midnight. Into the trailer at 4:30 a.m. Saturday morning. Home again Sunday 9:00 p.m. Bed at 1:00 a.m. Then there is the grooming, riding and training several evenings a week. Just let me know and I'll have my wife help get your wife started in an equine way of life. ;)
OMG!!! There's another one out there that competes against horses? I was hoping I was the only poor soul that had to endure this...QH of course...

BTW, I've spent more in one year on horses then the '06 + farkles + fuel + insurance! Any yet those damn bikes are expensive and takes too much of my time!

Cherokeekid - Put the custom seat down and borrow one of our saddles and go for a ride!!!!! Great article. Hit home.

Your wife seems to have a great sense of self, others, and humor.

She's a keeper.

Thanks for the link. It was a kick to read.

Hey, Gang:

This is C'Kid's long-suffering, meta-biking-widow wife Karen-Michele writing y'all. Wanted to say thanks for reading and for the kudos. Your comments and compliments made hubby's long-standing neglect almost worth it. He's asked me to clarify, however, that his standing me up, or, er, NOT standing me up rather, happened only once, and only because the custom seat had 'just arrived that very day.' Naturally, being a writer, I had to capitalize on it.

Ionbeam, as for your wife's equinne obsession, well--I guess she knows a handsome stud when she sees one. She married you, right?

Thanks again.

K-M

My wife told me if I publicizer her Soap Opera habit again, she'd be a motorcycle widow for *real* when she was done with me :)

If you are riding in the Brawley Salton Sea area ride a little farther east to Lake Havasu City Az, and bring your wife. We live their and will be riding to Sedona in the third week of Sept. We will be riding my secret Scenic direction with lots of curves and mostly two lane stuff. By the way I suffer from the same sickness. Just remember your wife now has a good excuss to spend money on hear self. If you do the math it will at least cost you but probably more than what you have spent. If your married an FJR cost at least $13,000 multiply by 2 or MORE which equals real life and better chance of getting laid.

My wife told me if I publicizer her Soap Opera habit again, she'd be a motorcycle widow for *real* when she was done with me :)
Whaaat????

She didn't like the knowledge that what she is putting out into the public domain is actually being read? I thought it was good enough to comment... TWICE! :yahoo:

I'm guessing she's glad I didn't post anything about how the title of the Blogspace reminds me of a Frank Zappa song...

Hob nobbin'...

Last edited by a moderator:
can’t be sure, but I think meta-biking-or any meta-hobby, for that matter-is a guy thing. I’ve never seen a woman indulge such a fanaticism about something like quilting. Or cooking. Or child-rearing.
C'Kid, do you want my wife to contact your wife about horses? :glare: Horses suck up more money and time than a motorcycle ever could. Horses and money are mutually exclusive. Members of this Forum take a weekend or two a year to go to EOM or WFO whereas horses have trials and shows EVERY friggin weekend. Friday evenings are spent prepping the horse until midnight. Into the trailer at 4:30 a.m. Saturday morning. Home again Sunday 9:00 p.m. Bed at 1:00 a.m. Then there is the grooming, riding and training several evenings a week. Just let me know and I'll have my wife help get your wife started in an equine way of life. ;)
Ionbeam- You hit the nail, RIGHT on the head. My S.O. has a horse and she is always at the barn. It has come to an understanding that if she isnt home when I come home. She is at the barn, grooming, riding, washing, grooming 3 horses!! All in that order. She loves horses and I love to ride my FJR. It's perfect. . we both have expensive hobbies. She realized when I handed her over her own Shoei X-Eleven. I told her to be careful and not to drop it or lay it down anywhere stupid. She thought nothing of it till she saw I paid $650 for the helmet!! Now she knows why I dont complain when she buys horsey stuff. . I have my own toys to buy!

BTW I love the article and passed it all along!!

As my wife is a writer she loves to turn everything into a written saga (from her point of view of course). Case in point is my recent purchase of my FJR. Thought the group might enjoy the humor.
kwik goblin humor blog :D

jack of all trades, master of none
I enjoyed reading several of your wife's stories. Thanks for sharing.

Jill

:blink: Enjoyable read, lots of great chuckles and yes we owners of the FJR do enter a certain metaphysical state with our two wheeled steeds.

But, I would also add that I notice many of my female acquaintences and co-workers have a certain quasi-religious experience with their hobbies, i.e., shopping, antiquing, horses, dog shows/training, spas, hair/make-up/jewelry/nails/pedicures/massages and the afore mentioned soap operas and useless mindless magazines, like US, People, Star, Enquirer etc., etc.