Wild Bill Highway Pegs Strike Again

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keith, I'm glad you made it through your get-off without getting hurt. I'm saddened that you can't make it to EOM this year because we would be honored to have the President of the Crash Club in our presence. :lol:

On the subject of Indiana Tom's Work Day, It was awesome to see everyone come out and pitch in. Tom's wife Vonda was extremely appreciative of all of the work that got done on Saturday. With the forum guys and Tom and Vonda's family there it looked like an episode of Extreme Home Makeover! The highlight of the day for me was talking to some of Tom's family members and hearing them so confidently say "Tom will get through this and get back riding with you guys!" Tom is certainly surrounded by some great family and friends, keep fighting brother!

So I fell short of an Iron Butt ride by 23 miles! Riding up there, chasing Jagermeister along the river, and then riding back home I logged 977.2 miles according to my Garmin. Oh well... It was fun anyway.

JW

Keith, I'm glad you made it through your get-off without getting hurt. I'm saddened that you can't make it to EOM this year because we would be honored to have the President of the Crash Club in our presence. :lol:
On the subject of Indiana Tom's Work Day, It was awesome to see everyone come out and pitch in. Tom's wife Vonda was extremely appreciative of all of the work that got done on Saturday. With the forum guys and Tom and Vonda's family there it looked like an episode of Extreme Home Makeover! The highlight of the day for me was talking to some of Tom's family members and hearing them so confidently say "Tom will get through this and get back riding with you guys!" Tom is certainly surrounded by some great family and friends, keep fighting brother!

So I fell short of an Iron Butt ride by 23 miles! Riding up there, chasing Jagermeister along the river, and then riding back home I logged 977.2 miles according to my Garmin. Oh well... It was fun anyway.

JW
KUDOS to you there jwilly. :clapping:

Thanks for the concerns. I have no idea how many times I rolled and tumbled, tuck and roll baby!

Yeah, I'm happy I still have the blackbird. I went with Jagermeister today on a 150 mile run of some nice twisties. It felt good to ride again, and I really wasn't all that sore. The BB is no FJR when it comes to comfort, but riding is riding, and I still love it, although I felt a little skittish in a few right handers.

No Comp or Collision. Just liability on the FJR. As TWN noted, this baby is finally put to bed for good...... Third time is the charm right! Ohhhhh how I will miss having an FJR, but I do like having working legs and a spine!

Luke, I'm not sure exactly how you fixed your WB pegs, but whatever you described sounds like a good idea.

Adrian, thanks for the laughs. I have to print that picture of me holding my poor baby...

Jwilly: Thanks so much for heading up. The picture of us looking in the water cracks me up. I'm going to see Tom tomorrow, and I'm going to show him all of these pics. I'm sure he'll get a kick out of it, and I'm sure he'll roll his eyes at me for killing my FJR!

Latest posts