Will 05 Moko Sliders work on 06 model?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drhines

Reaction score
Have several left over items from my 05 FJR. Was wondering if my 05 Moko sliders will work on the 06 model. Has anyone tried fixing them.

Also where are you getting your fork braces? Is this still a good add-on for the bike. I put my fork brace on my 05 before I ever rode it, so don't really know if it helped it or not.

Doug Hines

Yamaha modified the fairing on the 06 it doesn't need the plate to mount the sliders. The bolt is accessable on each side. Skyway (this forum)makes parts he has checked out the 06. MC Larry has fork braces. Also Superbrace is the other brand name. Someone might be able to tell you the where are best prices. TJ

Has anyone tried fixing them.
As TJ mentioned, just a matter of a shorter bolt, minus the bracket and it will look like this when finished. Fork braces are in the works. The 06 may not need one with the newer forks and if you don't thrash it hard.

So....did you finally give up the BMW? :D

Fabone

Thanks for the link with pic.

No, I've still got my BMW R1200GS. It's my workhorse bike and love it.

Doug Hines

Fabone
Thanks for the link with pic.

No, I've still got my BMW R1200GS. It's my workhorse bike and love it.

Doug Hines
Are the sliders from skyway "truly" a bolt off / bolt on experience. I hear rumblings of some other type of bracket necessary for the install. Can anyone clarify this for me?

thanx

GreyGoose

Are the sliders from skyway "truly" a bolt off / bolt on experience. I hear rumblings of some other type of bracket necessary for the install. Can anyone clarify this for me?
thanx

GreyGoose
Not sure where you heard them rumblings, but if you consider removing and replacing 2 bolts a "truly" bolt off /bolt on experience you'd be correct. :)

Doug, Th FJR & 1200GS are also my choice of bikes.

P3290223.jpg

thanx

GreyGoose
Not sure where you heard them rumblings, but if you consider removing and replacing 2 bolts a "truly" bolt off /bolt on experience you'd be correct. :)
Skyway's o6 sliders are a direct bolt on - no brackets, no plastic removal, no modifications necessary. It's about as simple as it gets - just 'righty tighty, lefty loosey' with your torque wrench. Wonky wears a set, she won't leave the garage without them !!

Last edited by a moderator: