Will G2 Throttle and Heli Risers work together?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattdaniels

Reaction score
I tried doing a search, but no luck after 40 min of getting distracted.

I am planning to get both the new Heli Risers for my 2007AE and the G2 Throttle because this throttle whiplash thing is really making me unhappy. I'd also like to sit a little more straight up and down. Can I use both of these at the same time? Is there enough throttle cable to do it?

Thanks, Matt.

The G2 will not consume throttle cable length, it only changes the ramp of cable pull.

No experience with the risers but IIRC, no cable extensions are required.

I'm sure others will reply too..

Matt,

My bike is also an 07'.

It WILL work without any problems. I have the G2 tube and the Heli Triple clamp w/ riser blocks.

Been running my Feejeer for 3000 miles this way. No problems. Plenty of throttle cable to

play with. You do have to re-route your throttle cables under the brake line but that is quite

an easy task. When you are done installing it all simply start the bike and turn the bars full

right and left to make sure there is no surging of the throttle.

BTW...The G2 tube helps a lot...but doesn't fully eliminate the snap-on throttle response.

I love the new riding position for me with the Heli. It does sit you more upright and taller.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same set up...Heli bar risers/triple clamp and g2 mod on my 07. Fit is fine and the g2 mods helps a ton..

Matt,
My bike is also an 07'.

It WILL work without any problems. I have the G2 tube and the Heli Triple clamp w/ riser blocks.

Been running my Feejeer for 3000 miles this way. No problems. Plenty of throttle cable to

play with. You do have to re-route your throttle cables under the brake line but that is quite

an easy task. When you are done installing it all simply start the bike and turn the bars full

right and left to make sure there is no surging of the throttle.

BTW...The G2 tube helps a lot...but doesn't fully eliminate the snap-on throttle response.

I love the new riding position for me with the Heli. It does sit you more upright and taller.
I have both also along with the Yamaha Tall Windshield and they all work great. Make sure your idle is at 1100 to 1200 rpm warm and adjust all the slack out of the throttle cable and you won't have any more trouble with the snap on throttle response.