Windshield feedback plz. 6'4" rider....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 6'4", 245, and I have a Cee Baileys +4 +2. I really like it, though I've not tried Rifle. It is far better than the standard or touring windshield, though. I am still a fairly new rider with only about 12,000 miles under my belt.

I'm 6'3" and use a V-Stream. Works pretty well. Rode two days ago in 25 degree weather without a lot of warming stuff underneath a Roadcrafter suit, and with the shield all the way up, felt pretty darn cocoony. Haven't yet tried it in real hot weather so don't know whether I'll be switching back to OEM in summer. Does work well to move rain off my shield, tho'.

I have contemplated the rifle but I think it looks kinda wierd in pictures, the way the bottom sticks out. However I have never seen one in real life. Does it look better than the pics? I recently saw an '06 FJR at a bike shop that had a windshield with a kind of triangular shape towards the bottom of it. does anyone know what kind that might be and how it works. I thought it looked like it could possibly reduce the buffeting.

Have a look at the thread posted by SRT8 just a few above...answers most of the questions one may have...

Dr. Joe