WIndshield for 5'10" rider

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darty411

Reaction score
I'm 5'10" and ride a 2007 FJR..I have the Yamaha touring windshield right now and I'm just not pleased with it. I would like something about that height or maybe a little taller to keep more wind off my helmet. I don't want to look through the windshield. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This is a very individual thing to work out. I'm 6' tall and find the stock windshield on my 06 to be just right. I have a friend that's 5'10 or 11 and he feels he needs something much larger. I think the aero design of your helmet makes a big differance. Beyond that how much of a vacum or still air do you need? I grew up in the 60's & 70's and most of my bikes didn't have a windsheld so my persective starts there. Hope this helps some.

Enjoy the journey!

TerryG

I'm 5'10" and ride a 2007 FJR..I have the Yamaha touring windshield right now and I'm just not pleased with it. I would like something about that height or maybe a little taller to keep more wind off my helmet. I don't want to look through the windshield. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I don't know what you "need", but this is what I run...

Cee Bailey's +0 wide and +2 High with flip.

I am 5' 10.5" short. :dribble:

This has been discussed over and over. If you use the search function you will come up with lots of opinions. I just put a Cee Baily on mine, a 4 + 3 and it is a vast improvement over the stock. I am 5' 11.

How about updating your profile so we know where you live? I'd be glad to offer my Vstream shield for you to try, but I have no idea how close to Sumner, WA you are.

How about updating your profile so we know where you live? I'd be glad to offer my Vstream shield for you to try, but I have no idea how close to Sumner, WA you are.

I am also a VStream user. Lot better than stock for me and I am 5'11" so we are close.

I am 5' 10" and a 30 inseam

I run a Cee Bailey +4+4 flip and like it...a lot

I am 5' 10" and a 30 inseamI run a Cee Bailey +4+4 flip and like it...a lot
Now THAT'S a Barn Door! Do semis sway as YOU go by? :rolleyes:

By the way... where can I get your avitar? No, not the picture, the real thing! :devil:

Last edited by a moderator:
Try a Laminar Lip on your stock windshield. I have the Cal Sci tall but prefer the 2005 stocker with holes and the lip. I only use the Cal Sci when it's really cold. The lip pushes the air flow higher and really smooths out the buffeting. I am 6'2" with a 31" inseam.

https://www.laminarlip.com/index.php

I am 5'11" and have a Russell seat. I have a Rifle Windshield (+5 inches tall and +4 inches wide). It is a very quiet. The biggest improvement for me was that it stays quiet in heavy traffic at 80 mph on the interstate. Other shields would get noiser at higher speeds in traffic. Cost a bit more than other but worth it for me.

I'm 5'-10 and run windshield all the way down 99/100. I love the clean air and not looking through the shield. I only bring it up briefly through showers or if I'm getting chilled.