windshield gasket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat C

Reaction score
I just removed windshield to get ready for new shield coming in tomorrow, I noticed a gasket stuck to shield was I supposed to get a new gasket? It doesn't look like the old one will come off. Bike is an 07 and shield is a Cee bailey.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just removed windshield to get ready for new shield coming in tomorrow, I noticed a gasket stuck to shield was I supposed to get a new gasket? It doesn't look like the old one will come off. Bike is an 07 and shield is a Cee bailey.
Pat, I just got my Cee Bailey 2 days ago and wondered the same thing . . . voila, it came with one!

. . . Dan

My Cee Baily didn't come with a gasket. I used some of the foam that the shield was wrapped in to make on B)

You have to order it when you buy the shield for $10. You can also have your dealer order a Yamaha one which I think is much cheaper. I did order mine from Cee Bailey with the shield just to save time but not save money.

Huh. So that was what that was!

When I first removed my stock windshield the gasket also stuck to it, so I assumed it was part of the OEM windshield. Four windshields later, I'm still gasket-less without apparent ill effect. Although I have to admit there does appear to be a major air leak around the windshield... :D

Last edited by a moderator: