Windshield Help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR1300Jeff

Reaction score
I need help for my buddy with an '05 FJR. He needs a bigger shield, he is 6'3".

I have the Cee Bailey 4+3 with Flip. He has tried my bike and with the shield all the way up he is looking through the flip part. Distorts his vision.

He wants the full coverage that my shield offers but without the distorted vision. I believe that the flip part of my shield is the best part; it forces the wind up and over my head giving me a calm air space.

Any tall guys out there have a suggestion for a full protection shield that offers a calm air space without blurry vision?

Thanks

I believe that the flip part of my shield is the best part; it forces the wind up and over my head giving me a calm air space.
2247302-plus1.gif

And it does all that without me having to look through it, just over a bit at all speeds by adjusting the height.

Come on any Tall guys 6'3" or taller out there have good experiences with Shields?????

Thanks,

Jeff

I am 6'2 and a half. I had the Cee Bailies +4 screen and really liked it but the Rifle touring screen provides the ablsoute lowest amount of turbulence.

Jeff-

6'3" guy here. I have an 05 with a CB 4+4 standard contour. Even with the windshield all the way up, I still get wind noise over the top. I have never accomplished a "calm zone", even after trying to do some tuning. I have to admit that it is much better than the Katana that I came from before owning the FJR. Trying to accomodate height is a tricky thing, because different people carry their height in different places. Some have taller/longer torsos, while some gain their height in their legs. It seems like finding the perfect shield comes down to go old trial and error. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of dealers out there that are willing to accomodate such trial, and with good reason. I know a while back, one of the forum members was organizing a "windshield gathering" here in the southern California area. The idea being that different people with different shields could swap out during the course of the day, and give the different configurations a try.

I would like to try a +4 with the flip to see if it would actually make a difference, but that's almost next to impossible unless you know someone that has one. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

After a 2.400 mile trip with the stock '05 shield, I have learned to love it as a compromise. I was able to adjust the angle of the stock shield so that the airflow fed the vents in my helmet with just enough air to keep my faceshield clear in cold weather and rain, and also to minimize turbulence. I'm 6'3" too, and while it would have been nice to have the "cone of silence" from time to time on this ride, I realize that in Houston, Tx. heat, I can bring the stock windshield down to provide airflow, but raise it up enough to minimize wind pressure and buffeting and still not suffer too much from the heat as I would if I got a +4+3 CBailey. If I lived north of the Mason Dixon line, I'd probably get a bigger windshield and swap back and forth depending on season. Here in the Houston area, I need all the airflow I can get!!