wiring for single momentary switch on CC

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dtal

Reaction score
I know I read it on here somewhere. I think it was done by Brundog???? Replacing the stock Audiovox control pad with an "always on", single switch option. Can someone please help!! Trying to finish my install. Also, on a genII, is it better to use the orange wire at ECU, or the grey up at the coil for pulse input? Thank you

I know I read it on here somewhere. I think it was done by Brundog???? Replacing the stock Audiovox control pad with an "always on", single switch option. Can someone please help!! Trying to finish my install. Also, on a genII, is it better to use the orange wire at ECU, or the grey up at the coil for pulse input? Thank you
Okay, this was an easy search via Google. Here are a couple:

Brundog's 2 switch write up.

My more "minmalist" write up

wiring.jpg

The idea is to junk the wires that are used to light up the audiovox control pannel (red and gray), and make momentary contact between the +12v power on the brown wire, with either the green (set) or yellow (resume) wires via a 3-way momentary switch.

If you bridge the red and brown wires, you can force the audiovox to be always on (relying on the brakes and engine speed excursion to disengage), and eliminate the need for a separate on-off switch. Some think this is the height of folly, but I like it. ;)

Good luck!

Latest posts