Wiring into a battery tender

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgapro78

Reaction score
Trying to hook up a garmin zumo 550 and have had many suggestion on how to do it. I was curious if there is any way to hook it up to my battery tender connecter that is already hooked to the battery but the connector is up near the front of the tank. Is this possible or should I go another route

Trying to hook up a garmin zumo 550 and have had many suggestion on how to do it. I was curious if there is any way to hook it up to my battery tender connecter that is already hooked to the battery but the connector is up near the front of the tank. Is this possible or should I go another route
Pgapro,

You can. Just hook up a SAE Connector (can be found at BatteriesPlus stores) to your GPS and plug it in to your Battery Tender connection when you are ready to leave.

Just make sure your wire Polarities are correct...

Would highly recommend a fuse block in the future. Wired in direct to the battery and to the break light wire to make it all turn off with the ignition. It's what I finally did and works really nice. Quite easy to install as well. (gen II use the blue wire) Took me quite some time to get that shit right.

I picked up an SAE connector and wired it to a Cigarette lighter socket which is in the glove box. Use the Garmin auto power cord plugged into that. Works great.