won't start - am i missing something?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I like the RadMan but if he is going to get his his pantys all in a bunch just because a member took someone else's advice instead of his then ... :****:
when I read through the thread, I kinda thought Radman was pissed at Slapdaddy's insult, more than the ....taking someone elses opinion other than his...scenario. I kinda also thought Radman was an asset to this board, good wit and mechanical-service-knowledge.....adieu fellow FJR brethren, hope he returns some day. A lot to be said about ignorance is bliss.....I should know! Insults are thrown around this board daily. It's much easier to hurl them given geographic variences, age and sex differences. I have had my fair share hurled at me, I just hate he took it so seriously as to leave.

Now, regarding this little issue of a bike that won't start. There's this shit called starting fluid, also sometimes called ether, available at any auto parts store. Ya sprays a little in and around the air inlets and crank away. Even a moderately flooded motor will kick and sputter and chug back to life, assuming ya gots spark and all that good stuff happenin'. The trick is to use this shit BEFORE you flood the motor beyond hope with PRC (pointless, repeated cranking).
Can you make sure to have a video camera handy when you perform this task?

Starting fluid with efi? How barbaric. That's akin to an amputation with the victim chomping down on a lead bullet.

Starting fluid with efi? How barbaric.
Well, it's fast and it works. Sometimes the old simple ways are OK too. But if it's too barbaric for ya, go ahead and beat the hell outta yer starter, it's nuttin to me.
Who beat the hell out of a starter? My method of opening the throttle and hitting starter worked within 5 or 6 cranks of the motor. If you're flooded, ain't no amount of starting fluid gonna start it.

BTW, WD40 is a much better starting fluid and won't wash your cylinders.

I think you missed my point.
BeatDeadHorse.gif

Mr Vrooooommm :haha: Love the graphic!

Last edited by a moderator: