Worst Place to Live in the USA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriggerT

Mr. Impatient
Reaction score
I think I have a pretty good idea of the best places to live in the US for riding, but I was wondering what people thought are the worst places?

I have to say that the Northern IL. area SUCKS! Tons of traffic, few good roads, weather is always a big question. Twisties, what the hell are those? There are some good roads in SW WI, and western IL, but it is 1-1.5 hours to get there at best. :angry:

This is my coloring book of the best/worst riding in NA. I reserve judgement on the south/south east cause I haven't had the pleasure yet (which may tell you what I heard :blink: ) Not on the map but Alaska, Yukon, all of BC and Newfoundland is great too!

Of course many peeps in the red zone are real close to some nice riding. Unfortunately I have to do 3-4 days of red hell to get to some of my fav places.

112946409-M.jpg

Er, certainly not here! :bleh:
The riding where I live is terrible. You don't ever want to move here. Bad traffic, flat roads, farm land....ew yuck...there are always bugs. Spring and Fall have changeable weather and its too hot in the summer. Stay away from this part of Northern California!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Florida is terrible.... I hated riding there. 2 stoplights... stop, wait.... 2 stop lights... stop, wait.... 2 stop lights, LOOK OUT, CRAZY SENIOR IN A CADALLAC MAKING A RIGHT TURN FROM THE LEFT LANE!!!! :angry2: Stop.... wait......

I live in Louisville, KY now and couldn't be happier. Amazing rides here, maybe 20 minutes from my house. Just enough time to warm up tires and bike. If your ever in KY, shoot me a PM and I can take you on some great rides.

Keith

This is my coloring book of the best/worst riding in NA. I reserve judgement on the south/south east cause I haven't had the pleasure yet (which may tell you what I heard :blink: ) Not on the map but Alaska, Yukon, all of BC and Newfoundland is great too!
Of course many peeps in the red zone are real close to some nice riding. Unfortunately I have to do 3-4 days of red hell to get to some of my fav places.

112946409-M.jpg
Put a big assed circle around UTAH - one of the BEST places to ride on earth

I think I have a pretty good idea of the best places to live in the US for riding, but I was wondering what people thought are the worst places?
I have to say that the Northern IL. area SUCKS! Tons of traffic, few good roads, weather is always a big question. Twisties, what the hell are those? There are some good roads in SW WI, and western IL, but it is 1-1.5 hours to get there at best. :angry:
+1

I do love the Hot Springs AR area. Been there two times and what a blast.

Gimme that big old red Crayola so I can scribble out Long Island NY. The first problem is that its an Island, a really long skinny one with an overpopulated cancerous cyst attached to one end of it. The second problem is that its flat. The third problem is that in most areas it resembles more of a parking lot than a road. The forth being that Mobil regular goes for $2.61 a gallon......the saving grace being that there are plenty of bars if I ever decide to buy a Cruiser (brand non specific) and start drinking again. :angry2:

Last edited by a moderator:
The riding where I live is terrible. You don't ever want to move here. Bad traffic, flat roads, farm land....ew yuck...there are always bugs. Spring and Fall have changeable weather and its too hot in the summer. Stay away from this part of Northern California!

Mike, you lie like a rug! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I admire those guys up North, having such a short riding season really has to suck. If I couldn't go out every week or so in the winter I'd go stir crazy !

Southern Indiana, aka Hoosier National Forest is fantastic riding. Also, Hocking Hills in south east Ohio is great.

Southern Indiana, aka Hoosier National Forest is fantastic riding. Also, Hocking Hills in south east Ohio is great.
Uh, yeah, I know where it is great. I was going with the "Misery Loves Company" theme, which is why I wanted to know where it sucks!

Northern IL. SUCKS??? Try Central IL. my afternoon run tru the twisties takes less than a half hour. :angry2:

Having been through, and had to hike through the Central IL area, I couldn't agree more. I may be in Hell, but Airboss is on the sunny side of Hell.

Yuck, that sounds awful, glad I don't live anywhere near you. :D

Just so you don't feel so bad, its no better where I am either.

IMG_1585.jpg

AlpineLakeJune32006.jpg

SonoraPass.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

Definitely not looking good around here! :angry:

P.S. Your a very bad MM2. :lol:

Skyway, 193 is closer to me than you so I get to post this:

DSC03321.jpg

But...193 sucks in the winter...this one turn is always wet

DSC03322.jpg