Would You Pay $13,500 For An 06A?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don, try All Seasons cycles in Wooster Ohio. Talk to Shawn, the sales manager. He just called me last friday to let me know that my 06 FJR is in and that he has 5 of them. I do not know if all of them are sold or not, but I think you can at least deal with them to get a better price. If you are interested, I'll be trading my 05 in and it only has 2300 miles on it. I'm sure they will make you a deal on that one.

Rick M

Stu, Tried Champion. Nothing.

Mark, St. Augustine is too far, but thanks.

Rick, I'll give a shout out to All Seasons tomorrow.

Thanks, guys.

Don

I'm in the same boat. Just got my check from the credit union to buy the 06A, have the buyers waiting for me to get my title for the wingabago I'm selling. The dealer is getting an A model for the floor in Aug and will not deal on it. I can go through the ordering process and who knows when I'll get one but maybe save a couple grand, or be sure to get one in Aug. Think the extra cost will be worth it in the long run. Will check with the texarkan dealer to see if they have, or will be getting one for the floor and if they are dealing. They had previously quoted a price (last year for the 06) of 11 and change.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2 cents: :)

I would probably pay it if it was the OTD price

The dealer where I bought my '05 will sell an '06 for 12.3 + $550 for dealer prep. Once you add the TT&T you're looking at 13.5, so it sounds like a good deal.

'sides, it's an FJR! :rolleyes:

I spoke to 34 different dealerships today in 5 states. New 06A availability is discouraging to say the least, but that was expected. I have a couple good leads, but distance-driving is probably involved. There is a staggering number of Yamaha dealers.

Don

I've only found 1 unsold 06A. That dealer wanted full retail. It's not a money issue - I just inherently have a problem with paying full retail for anything. Grrr.
Maybe I'm asking the impossible, but anyone know where there is another unsold 06? Within 8 hours drive of Columbus OH would be nice.

Thanks,

Don

Not having to wait is worth every penny. Do it, DO IT NOW!

I saw an 06A at R&S Yamaha in Albuquerque today. Didn't ask about price..sales guy said the buyer "backed out."

Not having to wait is worth every penny. Do it, DO IT NOW!
Dude, everyone (in the USA) has to WAIT for a new FJR. Some folks just decide to purchase it later, after the dealer essentially did the waiting for them. :huh:

The 13,500 quoted is about 20% over the best cut-rate deal out there. I personally think that premium is worth having the dealer doing the waiting and the buyer getting to put a leg over the saddle before making a decision. Fair for dealer to ask this price, or more.

I found an 06A to buy, but it's 600 miles away. For you road warriors that's probably no problemo, but since I've not been riding for a few years it seems a little extreme. Plus I've never ridden an FJR, though LGizmo graciously has offered to let me demo his tomorrow.

It doesn't seem like the greatest way to break in a new engine either. Any thoughts on that?

Don

I am actually thinking about backing out of my AE and buying a Ulysses. I am sure there will be more FJRs sitting on the floor than one might think.

I found an 06A to buy, but it's 600 miles away. For you road warriors that's probably no problemo, but since I've not been riding for a few years it seems a little extreme. Plus I've never ridden an FJR, though LGizmo graciously has offered to let me demo his tomorrow.
It doesn't seem like the greatest way to break in a new engine either. Any thoughts on that?

Don
600 miles is the first maintenance. Highway speed legal rpms on this bike are very low.

Many guys use voodoo and change oil and such as like 25 miles and then at 600 but I don't know. If you really use voodoo you could work the same day oil change into the deal and drive 12 miles away and come back :dribble:

I would say go for it. 600 miles at 60 miles an hour is a 10 hour day but if it was me I would trailer it home but I would still go get it.

As for the paying full retail. I am not very good at making deals. I was trading in 2 bikes and the Sales Manager felt bad for me that the Service Manager took so much money off of my Vstar for things he said it needed. She ended up giving me $500 off on the fjr because of it.

My 2 dirt bikes I just bought were left over 05's and were already discounted accordingly so I really didn't do any dealing there either.

Cars I have gotten $8000-$10000 off on my Ram and my Nissan I walked out when they wanted $425 a month and I wanted $400 a month and before I got home they had already called me to come back in.

Bikes though they just aren't willing to deal as much it seems...

Throttle body synchronization... sounds kinda technical. Beyond the average Joe?

I guess that's a downside in this whole deal - I don't establish a relationship with the selling dealer.

Don

If I wanted the bike I would suck it up and get it while it was available. However, I now have my 3rd FJR and haven't paid retail yet.

03 FJR1300 $10,400

05 FJR1300A $11,800

06 FJR1300A $11,800

Doug Hines