WOW - The Feej Is Fast!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With my speedohealer I have got it up to a correct 140 MPH. The speedohealer having a top speed recall is nice.
What's a speedohealer? I'm guessing it has something to do with calibrating the speedometer, which I would like.

If so, how much are they?

Are they easy to install and calibrate?

And the fastest I've gone on my FJR is 140 indicated. Surprisingly smooth and solid. Not really that scary either. I doubt I'll ever go that fast again though.

Harleys will go 90??
KPH, not MPH.
I know that some Hardley's will do 90, but it ain't pretty! :dribble:

Took a run to Montana last year with a few guys. Bikes were BMW K1200RS, GSXR1000, the Hardley, and wife and I on the FJR. Going up the mountain pass in Idaho on I90, we were cruising at 90-100 with me at the rear. It was really scary watching that Hardley with it's "flexible Flyer" frame and suspension wobbling around high speed corners. I backed off in case of carnage due to loss of control. But he was determined to keep up with the sport bikes!

Actually, that's another complaint I have. I faithfully reset both my Zumo 550 fuel guage, and my Trip1 odometer at every fill-up, and my bike odometer always reads more miles. Usually like 220 on the bike and 213 - 216 on the Zumo (need to write it down or something. I record the odometer reading but not the trip or Zumo reading, so I can't remember how far off the odometer is vs the Zumo, but I think like 3-5%. My bike is "aging" prematurely. :(
I could be wrong, but I think I read a post long ago from folks who do Iron Butt rallies saying that GPS can't be trusted for long distance measurements because it's constantly squaring off corners, just a little at a time but it adds up, thus shortening the distance you've apparently traveled. That's why odometer readings are required versus GPS readings for Iron Butt certifications, and I suppose would be the reason for what you noticed above.

As for going fast, my opinion is that if you've only done it once, or even if you do it rarely, it seems to command all or most of your attention because it's a new and unfamiliar experience. If you do it on a semi regular basis, or for extended distances, it becomes no big deal. With practice, the road widens back out and the telephone poles seem to stop whizzing by. That is, until you look down and see that you're doing a ton and a half... :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
love em both ! very fast! busha guys if i remember correctly ! nickle city racing?( guy girl should say !) lol
https://www.nickelcityracing.com/

Yup, despite what some people are publishing on this board and elsewhere, Trillium is the current fastest female record holder. Awesome peeps! I wonder what Jody's done to the B-King over the winter > :)

I know where they tune, maybe some day I'll throw on the video cam and let them leave me for dust. The 450hp turbo 'busa will absolutely walk away from FJR. But it's a frame of reference for everybody as we all know what a FJR WILL do. Give everybody a real good idea what 'fast' is.

Last edited by a moderator: