• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB-2003 FJR1300 Starter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The starter is enough of a pain in the ass to get to that I thought it wise to suggest having it tested. I suspect that testing it would be well south of $40, spend 0.25 dollars and ask the winding shop. If you install a bad 'un, uninstall it, reinstall Starter Ver. 2 you will be into it 3-4 hrs -- if you don't mind then it doesn't matter. If you are lucky enough to know the history of the replacement starter you are golden.

Last edited by a moderator:
260 amps
dribble.gif
Does your clock reset when it draws this much current? I'm asking because I'm not sure your battery can produce this much peak current. Was this a shunt or clamp on measurement?
Rewinding remains an option. Expect it to be ~$160 but should have a warranty.
Yes it does reset.

I'm thinking I'm going to find a used one and install it then rebuild (or have rebuilt) the other one. That way no down time!

Thanks!

Noooooooooooo.............it sounds like you have a skoot that needed a battery and the PO just ran it into the ground. Fjr's start up right off the bat. It's a "one" second thing......it should start. If it don't start up right off the bat.....something is amiss.

.....or skooterG is involved.........

bite me....beotch............
Replaced battery to no avail.

Thanks!
Okay....I think your pumpkin oil is bad....

260 amps
dribble.gif
Does your clock reset when it draws this much current? I'm asking because I'm not sure your battery can produce this much peak current. Was this a shunt or clamp on measurement?
Rewinding remains an option. Expect it to be ~$160 but should have a warranty.
Yes it does reset.

I'm thinking I'm going to find a used one and install it then rebuild (or have rebuilt) the other one. That way no down time!

Thanks!

Noooooooooooo.............it sounds like you have a skoot that needed a battery and the PO just ran it into the ground. Fjr's start up right off the bat. It's a "one" second thing......it should start. If it don't start up right off the bat.....something is amiss.

.....or skooterG is involved.........

bite me....beotch............
Replaced battery to no avail.

Thanks!
Okay....I think your pumpkin oil is bad....
Also replaced at rebuild.

Next...