WynPro Teaser

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Left side mount please. It looks like the control pad would end up over the left control pod like where I have my AVCC pad now.

Img_6318sm-1.jpg

pad_back.jpg

question...are ya'll satisfied with left side mounting; is there little or no problem reaching your thumb over the on/off button to get to the set/resume button

that's the only issue I was concerned with, so to circumvent, mine is mounted like this:

3708483376_d76db4c70f_b.jpg

I have to say, left side makes more sense, frees the right hand to work the throttle and get the speed you want to set. You notice that there aren't any use-all-the-time buttons at the right grip, as the right hand is alway busy.

question...are ya'll satisfied with left side mounting; is there little or no problem reaching your thumb over the on/off button to get to the set/resume button

that's the only issue I was concerned with, so to circumvent, mine is mounted like this:

3708483376_d76db4c70f_b.jpg
Mike,

With all your fan-dangles you should have me on personal retainer. :D That bike has more buttons than the starship Enterprise. Scottie I need more power to the engines NOW!!!!. Juzz kidden!

It won't be that hard to do a left side setup. Only the clamp itself will have to be changed. The other two parts will remain the same. Kinda had that in mind when we started this project. I went by the picture that was sent to me which had it on the right side. I am sure you can get use to it either way.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I too would be very interested depending upon the $$. Would have to sit on the bike w/ my hands on the grips and "pretend" to decide whether L or R felt more comfortable. I have thought I would go L in the past but your pic of a R side mount and the proximity of the accelerate/coast buttons to one's thumb looks good. Mike

Alright, I confess. I'm the member that asked Dave for a right handed mount. Someone suggested that Dave would be a good person to talk to about it, and it looks like he did a great job. I have the J&M system and my MP3 player control on the left already. So I thought the right side would give it a little more balanced look, and less likely to mishit the wrong button.

But I'm very impressed with Dave's work.

My reasoning for left side... I initially had it on the right, but found it was too much coordination to get the throttle just right and hold that while trying to push buttons at the right time. I have it on the left now, inboard of the left controls, would like to move it out, kinda hovering over the left controls while still allowing access to the windshield/high beam switches, but lower than the pictures everybody has...... if that makes sense. The adjustable feature has much promise.

I'm also wishing there was another smaller control pad out there, on/off on the inboard side and sideways set/res toggle switch instead of vertical so you could easily reach it with your thumb.....

My reasoning for left side... I initially had it on the right, but found it was too much coordination to get the throttle just right and hold that while trying to push buttons at the right time. I have it on the left now, inboard of the left controls, would like to move it out, kinda hovering over the left controls while still allowing access to the windshield/high beam switches, but lower than the pictures everybody has...... if that makes sense. The adjustable feature has much promise.

I'm also wishing there was another smaller control pad out there, on/off on the inboard side and sideways set/res toggle switch instead of vertical so you could easily reach it with your thumb.....
for right side mounting...I would have to have a throttle lock to make it work

in my case, I have a throttle meister...I would put in just enough friction to hold the throttle while setting the AVCC

another option some folks go with is the two toggle switches...the red on is a plain on/off toggle

the black one is a two way momentary switch with off in the center...push one way for set and the other for resume

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=113397

P8071626.jpg

Could this be used for a grip heater control like the Oxford etc? I don't have or use an audiovox control so thinking of other uses.

doctorj

My thoughts are it could be used for many things.

AVCC

Auxilary switches

Light switches

Ram ball

Pretty much about anything that someone might imagine. Its' only a matter of changing one of the three parts. Well I better start planning something and putting together some pricing.

Dave

i'd need a right-handed mount, too. my Honda/Clarion control is on the left.

cb07.jpg

BTW: After all this time i finally got the PAIR caps in place. Danged but ain't them about a bitch on gen1 bikes?

BTW: After all this time i finally got the PAIR caps in place. Danged but ain't them about a bitch on gen1 bikes?
East peasy. Just need to wait until you are doing a valve check and the valve cover is on your work bench already. ;)

PS - Looks to me like there is plenty of room to the left of your clarion control head for a WynPro Cruze Mount.

Last edited by a moderator: