XJR-1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kawaski has been selling a very similar bike in the ZRX1100/ZRX1200 for many years in the states. It attracted a loyal following, but sales have dwindled and Kawasaki has dropped it for 2006. I imagine this would be the best possible fate for an XJR over here. And it could go over like the TDM (like a lead balloon). Americans like their bikes to make a statement, even if it's not a good one.

I owned a ZRX1100 for a couple years - fun, straightforward, what-you-see-is-what-you-get bike. Did everything well, nothing exceptionally well.

- Mark

Love the tidbit of using the Swedish shock Ohlins....I guess they just forgot to mention they (being Yamaha) own them :D .....

That topic's been covered before too. Yamaha has an in-house suspension company, but it's not Ohlins, it's Soqui (sic?).

It's retro, it's awsome and it's a gorgeous machine. Very similar to the ZR1100!

zr1100.jpg

I love that bike. :drool:
Didn't realise you didn't have it either...here's a few pics of my last bike...XJR1300 SP... My favourite quote about this bike came from a UK magazine that likened putting Ohlins rears on the XJR, to putting a Dolce & Gabbana shirt on a south-side bouncer...

Anyhoo...

Monaro Highway between Cann River and Bombala

IMG_0093.jpg

Got bugs in me eye...heading North West, down Kosciusko, towards Corryong

IMG_0106.jpg

Waking up 'n smelling the coffee

IMG_0090.jpg

My first thought was "Wow, a Yamaha Bandit !" . Second thought was "Why?". Third thought was that with this thread the FJR board has much more of a "World" flavor, something I've been noticing more since the demise and resurrection of the ST-N site(s).

I like the broadening of the board much more than the nakedness of the XJR. Some of you guys have been everywhere man !