y.e.s.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big ears

Reaction score
The y.e.s. is still 389 at D and H. Just called today. Check in the mail tomorrow. They sure are nice to deal with. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's D&H?

Y.E.S. Factory Warranty (Yamaha Extended Service Plan)$389 from D&H Cycle, 18115 US Hwy 31, Cullman, AL 35058, 256-739-1840, 888-553-3311

Last edited by a moderator:
This is good news. I walked into my dealer this afternoon and was quoted $698..... :dribble:

Looks like I'll be calling D&H tomorrow...

Glad I caught this thread as my one year warranty will expire Feb. 24th. I was wondering if I should or shouldn't get the YES. Thought if I could get it at a reasonable price, I would go for it. But last year when I bought the bike, I asked the dealer what the cost was on the 4 year YES, and he quoted around $698. Ouch! Last week I thought I would go to the dealer and try to negotiate a lower price. I told him that I could get the 4 year YES from D&H for around $390, and if he could discount his price. I don't know if this makes a difference or not, but I have worked with this dealer,(which has always been a family run business) for about 30 years. He showed me that his cost for the YES is $369, and we came to an agreement that I could get the YES from him for $75 over his cost. He makes a reasonable profit on something that he is selling, and I don't have to worry that I will be on the long list when/if it comes time for warrant work. Yea, some will say that the dealer is obligated to treat all customers alike, but what do you REALLY think!
This may not work for everyone at all dealers since a lot are very un-personable and are only interested in the sale, not the service.....But if you have a reputable dealer who you think you can work with, go ahead and negotiate. They know about the deals offered on the internet, and should be willing to bring down the price for a sale. Besides, the little extra that you will pay will probably go a long way towards your future dealings with that dealer.
I posted this in another section of the forum, and unless you really hate your dealers, I think you could work with them and get a reasonable deal locally. The plus side is.......well, you should already know if you read the quote!

I purchased from D & H also and am glad I did.

In all candor, I have no objection to the dealer making a profit. Unless there is a profit, there is no business. But, lets think about this for a minute. If, in fact, the cost to the dealer for a Y.E.S. sale is $369, a margin of $20 is pretty slim. However, when quoted a sales price of close to $700 for an insurance policy backed by Yamaha for which the dealer has little or no investment/cost, I'm insulted. This is a typical example of consequences. Rather than moderate short term profit to secure long term loyalty, the dealer risks the customer's eventual sense of being 'bent over'. This needless risk will certainly lead to the poor house.

Let me prove my point. Anybody heard anything bad about D & H? Anybody you know that wouldn't purchase their Yamaha product from them in that market?

I rest my case.

They're great to deal with. For some reason, though, I never received the "official" paperwork from Yamaha. When I finally called D&H to find out what happened - well, for some reason, they shipped to another address around here. Never found out why, but I did get it reshipped.

It's always something . . . .

I purchased from D & H also and am glad I did.
In all candor, I have no objection to the dealer making a profit. Unless there is a profit, there is no business. But, lets think about this for a minute. If, in fact, the cost to the dealer for a Y.E.S. sale is $369, a margin of $20 is pretty slim. However, when quoted a sales price of close to $700 for an insurance policy backed by Yamaha for which the dealer has little or no investment/cost, I'm insulted. This is a typical example of consequences. Rather than moderate short term profit to secure long term loyalty, the dealer risks the customer's eventual sense of being 'bent over'. This needless risk will certainly lead to the poor house.

Let me prove my point. Anybody heard anything bad about D & H? Anybody you know that wouldn't purchase their Yamaha product from them in that market?

I rest my case.
I don't disagree completely with what you said, but . . . . .

The concept of 'profit' implies that there was an investment, or up-front cost of some sort. This as opposed to 'return on investment'.

In the case of a Motorcycle, there is transportation, storage, carrying costs and so on. If it is a part on the shelf there is a capital investment and it sits around for some number of days, weeks, months or even years.

For YES it is only 'free cash - your dealer will make $20 for going on line and spending 5 minutes filling in a form.

Sure, they can't accept a credit card because the transaction costs would wipe out his $20 bill - but the inccremental value of the sale is huge!! $20 in his pocket for entering data into a computer when he would be otherwise sitting on his keyster doing nothing.

Return on his investment? INFINITE!!! Why? Because he gets YOUR money before he pays for the product.

And THAT's how D&H can sell the YES for $20 over cost . . .