Yam Foot Guard price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papaseven

Reaction score
450.00 bucks for two pcs of plastic and a bag of bolts. :angry2:

Guess this old redneck will be wearing bread bags and rubber bands

Really? Bummer.....

It's been several years, but I believe I paid less that $200 for mine.

Then again... it's a Gen I. ;)

Too, this was Back in the Day, when only Yamaha Canada and Yamaha Europe had these foot guards. Scored mine from our Canadian brethren. And back then, they weren't painted/color-matched like they are nowadays.

The following is the listing from Yamaha Canada.

Add extra protection and styling to foot area. Injection moulded with YEC engineering.

Colour matched to fit your bike.

Colors/Finish:

Bluish Silver BS4(36): 06-07

Dark Blue Metallic DPBMU(60): 06

Black Metallic SMX(80): 08-09

5VS-W0745-_ _-00

MSRP: $357.95

450.00 bucks for two pcs of plastic and a bag of bolts. :angry2:

Guess this old redneck will be wearing bread bags and rubber bands
High priced ta weed out the riff raff....

It makes em look bad when old rednecks bolt em on...

:)
I wuddin gonna bolt im on I was gonna duk tape im on an git sum walmart paint to match and cleer kote thu hole thing

Boy I'll tell ya, the last couple nights ridin home from work in the 20's I've been thinking those'd look good on my bike- I've spent more on dumber things in the past, so why should this be any different....

Thinking about making some kind of bottom for the v-strom feejer handguards too, ma finger tips is getting cold.... If I come up with something good for the handguards I'll do a write-up

Boy I'll tell ya, the last couple nights ridin home from work in the 20's I've been thinking those'd look good on my bike- I've spent more on dumber things in the past, so why should this be any different....

Thinking about making some kind of bottom for the v-strom feejer handguards too, ma finger tips is getting cold.... If I come up with something good for the handguards I'll do a write-up
Forum member "garauld" makes some. And yes, they keep the ends of my fingers from the cold wind blast.

Use the search function in the upper right quadrant of the page, click on the drop-down "forums" and select "members", type in "garauld" and send him a PM about the hand guard extensions.