Yamaha dealer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okmac

Reaction score
Starting to look at dealers for an 07 purchase . Iowa city , Iowa is the nearest dealer and I am wondering if any one has experience with them. Good or Bad .

I live by Cedar Rapids , Iowa , does anyone know of a good dealer some what close. Do they accept trade ins? Do they give discount for a cash deal ?

Thanks to anyone for their input. If you don't want the public to read your answer just P.M. me.

mac

Starting to look at dealers for an 07 purchase . Iowa city , Iowa is the nearest dealer and I am wondering if any one has experience with them. Good or Bad .
I live by Cedar Rapids , Iowa , does anyone know of a good dealer some what close. Do they accept trade ins? Do they give discount for a cash deal ?

Thanks to anyone for their input. If you don't want the public to read your answer just P.M. me.

mac
Try R/J PERFORMANCE in Ottumwa. Rick canode is a straight shooter and in my opinion his price will be better because it won't have the Iowa City cost of living tacked on to it. Plus r/j's is a nice ride. He has a brand new 06 on the floor as of last week. 641 684 8400 he's a Yamaha ,ktm, and Victory dealer. I will go to IC motorsports to by some maitainence stuff,because it's close,but I think they jack a lot of stuff up because of their location. R/J PERFORMANCE.COM

Last edited by a moderator:

mac
Try R/J PERFORMANCE in Ottumwa. Rick canode is a straight shooter and in my opinion his price will be better because it won't have the Iowa City cost of living tacked on to it. Plus r/j's is a nice ride. He has a brand new 06 on the floor as of last week. 641 684 8400 he's a Yamaha ,ktm, and Victory dealer. I will go to IC motorsports to by some maitainence stuff,because it's close,but I think they jack a lot of stuff up because of their location. R/J PERFORMANCE.COM
thanks dirttracker, I will definitely go see them as soon as the 07 comes out and I have all the particulars.

mac

:)

mac
thanks dirttracker, I will definitely go see them as soon as the 07 comes out and I have all the particulars.

mac

Old 650 Rider said:
:)

mac

mac

It has been a couple of years since I had the guys in Iowa City do any work for me or buy a bike from them. I dealt with them for about five years befoe moving to a dealer closer to home. They were always helpful, fair and honest. Another good guy is Duke in Fairfield, Iowa. An older dealership but great prices and service. Muscatine is alright but as soon as they get the money, the extra service disappears. New help all the time doesn't help. Don't know about dealers north of you.

Thanks " 650 Rider" . I plan on seeing the people in Iowa City first and then I will see other dealers if I am not satisified. I will go to the Fairfield dealer as you suggest also. I just can't wait until I can start some serious shopping. I would like to stay somewhat close to home for obvious reasons, but if things don't come together I am not against flying anywhere in the US of A for a better deal . Riding it home would be a great way to break it in.

regards

mac

Hi okmac,

I think i'd hold off on shoping in Iowa City this week, everyone is a bit beat up.

I'd say to tell them the guy from Ohio sent you, but then they would really charge you top dollar. ;)

Hi okmac,I think i'd hold off on shoping in Iowa City this week, everyone is a bit beat up.

I'd say to tell them the guy from Ohio sent you, but then they would really charge you top dollar. ;)
You really know how to hurt a guy, don't you. :assassin:

mac

Hi okmac,I think i'd hold off on shoping in Iowa City this week, everyone is a bit beat up.

Not only did you kick our behinds in football , but also on Sept. 23rd ,3 buds and I rode all the way to within 100 miles of Columbus for the last Grand National Dirt Track at Sciota Downs in the pouring rain only to see a couple of racers transports heading west. Yes it was a rainout. So we turned around and rode all the way home the same day. 875miles worth in a little over 14 hours. we should have signed on to do the iron butt,we would have had time to spare. OHIO SUCKS ( just kidding) actually I'm kickin around making a return trip for the rain date ,rescheduled for Oct.14th GO KENNY COOBETH #31

Not only did you kick our behinds in football , but also on Sept. 23rd ,3 buds and I rode all the way to within 100 miles of Columbus for the last Grand National Dirt Track at Sciota Downs in the pouring rain only to see a couple of racers transports heading west. Yes it was a rainout. So we turned around and rode all the way home the same day. 875miles worth in a little over 14 hours. we should have signed on to do the iron butt,we would have had time to spare. OHIO SUCKS ( just kidding) actually I'm kickin around making a return trip for the rain date ,rescheduled for Oct.14th GO KENNY COOBETH #31

Sorry about your rain out, your right "Ohio weather sucks" if you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride.

I'll take a rainy day on the bike over a sunny day at home anytime.

Sorry about your rain out, your right "Ohio weather sucks" if you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride.

I'll take a rainy day on the bike over a sunny day at home anytime.

You might keep us informed about pricing parameters from the dealers you visit. Don't need names or exact figures. Just an idea where dealers are pricing the 2007s when they can be ordered. I have a 2006 to sell but don't want to sell it for market price and have to pay way more for the new model year.

don't get me wrong . The guys at IC Motorsports all seem like nice guys. I think it has more to do with the Iowa City area . To many rich docs and lawyers and docs ,and college kids with rich parents ,and that is why things seem a little high end. They just pay it with a smile on their face .

5 Season Motorsports in Hiawatha would be your closest Yamaha dealer. I didn't buy my '05 there, but had them do my first service and seemed like decent people. Who knows about sales?

YEE-HAA, I did it.

Today I have signed papers for a FJR from Iowa City Motorsports. I will pick it up in May. They have two or three coming in before that but living in Iowa all my bikes are nitey night for the winter.

They are real nice people to deal with, while I didn't get the price of D & H of Alabama when I figured in what it would cost me to pick it up it was not a bad deal. Plus the fact of having your dealer close by made it worth the extra cost.

Although I have been on this forum for awhile, I now feel like I have finally arrived.

COME ON SUMMER

mac

YEE-HAA, I did it.Today I have signed papers for a FJR from Iowa City Motorsports. I will pick it up in May. They have two or three coming in before that but living in Iowa all my bikes are nitey night for the winter.

They are real nice people to deal with, while I didn't get the price of D & H of Alabama when I figured in what it would cost me to pick it up it was not a bad deal. Plus the fact of having your dealer close by made it worth the extra cost.

Although I have been on this forum for awhile, I now feel like I have finally arrived.

COME ON SUMMER

mac

Congratz on your new ride, whenever it shows up! :D